Descripción de la oferta
Set to open in early 2021, Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus, Istanbul, will be Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s second hotel in Turkey. The hotel will enjoy a prime location on the sunny shores of the Bosphorus, situated on the European side of Istanbul in the high-end residential Kuruçeşme neighborhood.
The urban resort, with its lush generous enchanted gardens, will feature two outdoor pools and private wooden pavilions on the shores of the Bosphorus. Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus, Istanbul will be comprised of 100 spacious guestrooms and suites, innovative restaurants & bars and expensive and elegant banqueting facilities. Spread over 2,700 square meters, The Spa at Mandarin Oriental Bosphorus, Istanbul will become one of Istanbul’s best wellness and beauty destination.
As a Director of Revenue and Reservations you will provide the hotel with key revenue management decisions by implementing the MOHG revenue management system (both manual and automated) and ensuring both maximization of revenues through all revenue streams (Rooms, F&B, Spa) and thus, profitability for the property. You will report to the Director of Commercial Strategy and supervise the Revenue Manager and Reservations Manager.
The Director of Revenue and Reservations will be responsible for the following duties:
- Ensure that the hotel and MOHG brand image is integrated into revenue management decisions in all areas of the hotel: Rooms, F&B and Spa (i.e.: Lost-it rates cannot dilute brand image)
- Provide input into the different booking lead times of market segments to facilitate future control
- Monitor and control the hotel's inventory on a daily basis by setting restrictions on the number of rooms that can be sold in each market segment
- Complete forecasts (3 day, 10 day, 30 day and 90 day)
- Update booking curve and history spreadsheets daily
- Prepares month end reports for Executive Committee and General Manager
- Participate in discussion to define rate scales, and ensure correct loading into system
- Work with the Sales department to ensure that contracts are logically and correctly loaded in distribution systems
- Predict future demand and proactively set controls for managing demand and maximizing revenues in all revenue generating department
- Provide input in selection process of other booking avenues and contracts to ensure required control mechanisms are available
- Proactively study future bookings from representation and imposes appropriate controls to maximize revenues, and ensure that once configured, reservations maintains all systems with accurate representation of hotels
- Ensure customer retention is appropriately included in rate qualifiers
- Provide input as to proven cause and effect of relationship management activities, and ensure that relationships have appropriate terms and conditions
- Conduct weekly meetings with the hotel's Executive Committee to review all revenue decisions for the next 3 months (i.e.: length of stay, best available rate, 21 day strategy)
- Identify future periods where packages might assist in stimulating demand or should be restricted, or where promotions are warranted
- Provide input into market perception based on shifting trends on future demand
- Participate in advertising campaign by ensuring that all information is in the reservations systems, agree possible impact on demand with marketing before campaign is finalized, and ensures room inventory controls are appropriate prior to launch
- Overall responsible for accurate room-night and revenue forecasting, with input from Sales for Group forecasts
- Supervise and oversee efficient working of reservation team and provide training to employees to maintain a structured work environment.
- Other tasks as deemed appropriate by the Director of Commercial Strategy.
What you will need to have?
- Minimum 4 years hotel revenue management experience as a director or department head. Prior experience in a renovation or pre-opening luxury hotel environment preferred.
- Ideally College or university degree in business, mathematics or hospitality management
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and power Point
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Turkish
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Knowledge and grasp of hotel distribution systems (GDS, internet, etc.)
- Able to multi-task and work well in a team environment
- Experience with an automated and manual revenue management system
Advertised: 28 Oct 2020 GTB Standard Time