Descripción de la oferta
Responsible for the daily operations of the Bar/Lounge. Position directs, trains and assists employees to serve guests and verifies that proper standards are followed. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable for enforcing all legal obligations, professionally and consistently. Strengthens the food and beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
- A Full Time position based at Marriott & Marriott Executive Apartments, Downtown Abu Dhabi
- Reporting to the Director of F&B
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- or 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major;
- or 2 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- At least 1 year experience in Bar operations as Assistant Bar Manager
Supporting Management of Bar Activities and Upkeep
- Verifies high quality products and presentations.
- Supervises daily shift operations.
- Helps maintain par stocks throughout the various departments by daily monitoring of on-hand inventory.
- Maintains food handling, sanitation and cleanliness standards.
- Operates all department equipment as necessary.
- Assists floor staff during busy periods.
- Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of employee time and attendance.Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
- Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
- Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Observes service behaviors of employees.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
Modeling and Holding Bar Team Accountable to High Standards of Work
- Supervises Bar/Lounge in compliance with all local, state and Federal beverage and liquor laws.
- Trains staff on cash handling and credit policies and procedures.
- Trains staff on liquor control policies and procedures.
- Supervises adherence to all liquor control policies and procedures.
- Verifies compliance with all Bar/Lounge policies, standards, and procedures.
- Maintains standards for bartender and cocktail service.
- Supervises adherence to all cash handling and credit policies and procedures.
Facilitating the Performance of the Bar Team
- Verifies that all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Helps train employees in safety procedures.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Coaches employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Managing Execution
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Building Relationships
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
- Bar - Knowledge of general bar operations including local and state liquor regulations; liquor, beer, and wine brands; inventory management for bar operations; preparation and presentation of drinks; management of banquet bar operations; knowledge of Training in Intervention Procedures in the Service of Alcohol or equivalent programs to ensure fluency in safe service of alcohol.
- Bar Concepts - Promotion of beer, wine, and spirits to drive awareness and sales; marketing restaurant and bar concepts and events; knowledge of industry trends in food, beverage, and design to maintain competitive.
- Finance/Accounting - Knowledge and understanding of financial knowledge, controls, inventory, costs, expenses, and all cash handling procedures and policies.
- Food and Beverage Sanitation - Knowledge of procedures and techniques for kitchen maintenance, cleaning, and use of sanitation systems; use of grease trap; trash compactor(s), Baler operation, dish machines, and other equipment. Knowledge of techniques for care and cleaning of silver, stainless steel, and dish machines.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the leader to meet business needs.
- Carries responsibility for ensuring that all cash and key security procedures are adhered at all times as per the hotel policy
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited, Continental Office local policies and procedures and with hotel job aids
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week
Marriott Hotel Downtown, Abu Dhabi
This is not a hotel. It’s an idea that travel should be brilliant. Only Marriott Hotels is advancing the art of hosting so you can Travel Brilliantly.
The Marriott Downtown Abu Dhabi is right in the center of the business hub. 14 state-of-the-art meeting rooms and facilities, roof-top pool. Diverse dining options including JW Steakhouse and Velocity. The Marriott Hotels brand’s target guest is known as the “Discerning Master Blender.” They stay in control by making educated choices that help them reach this next level. Marriott Downtown Abu Dhabi helps them Travel Brilliantly. Are you ready to work for an energizing hotel brands like Marriott Hotels and Marriott Executive Apartments?