Descripción de la oferta
The Assistant Director of PR & Marketing is responsible for the marketing and communications strategy for Marriott Downtown and Marriott Executive Apartments Abu Dhabi. Promotes and maintains good communications in order to enhance the image of the hotel, food and beverage outlets and recreational facilities and by doing so contributes to the revenues of the complex. Creates and implements the hotels 360 marketing strategy together with DOSM to ensure maximum awareness of product in the market. Nurtures a good working relationship with media, stakeholders and partners to ensure favorable exposure and awareness in the market. Provides crisis communications assistance and ensures information to the public and community is sent out correctly and effectively. Team player who can effectively manage the Graphic designer, Marketing Executive and any other external agencies as required.
- High school certificate and College/University diploma/degree
- At least 4 years’ experience in Marketing/Public Relations or Communications roles
- Hospitality/UAE Experience a plus
Managing Marketing Communications Activities
- Develops an annual communications plan with specific goals and budgets as outlined in the hotel's marketing plan/communications manual. Prepares working plans to achieve goals and ensures the communications team is fully briefed on goals and progress.
- Ensures tactical marketing is implemented covering a full 360 strategy including print, online and radio as required and budgeted.
- Effectively manages Marketing Executive and Graphic Designer.
- Manages photography for advertising, collateral and public relations purposes, and to ensure that we meet the corporate brand guide to achieve 100% score during audit.
- Execute launch events for all new promotions as required, ensuring a quality guest list and maximum attendance.
- Manages the marketing budget to ensure that the budget is maintained and that outlets/promotions received the support they require.
- Manage restaurant/hotel/spa reviews ensuring that media are well looked after.
- Approval of all marketing collateral including brochures, flyers, branding and installation.
- Approval of social media content/images
- Ensures timely production of all printed collateral including menu
- Works closely with the Food and Beverage team to brainstorm new ideas and play a lead in concept creation and implementation
- Ensure hotel information and images are updated on external and internal platforms.
- Creative writing for advertising, press releases, invites and brochures.
- Manages any external agencies – Meltwater/Hyper/Translation agency etc.
Managing Public Relations Activities
- Acts as official spokesperson for the hotel when appropriate and responds to all media requests within 24 hours.
- Compiles and maintains a comprehensive list of media contacts and takes full responsibility for the key media by maintaining and developing close relationships
- Prepares press releases for appropriate targeted media, locally, regionally and internationally.
- Works closely with the corporate and international press offices on developing story angles.
- Plays a key role in community and government relations as well as VIP handling.
- Secures opportunities, directs and attends hotel sponsored events, and develops targeted partner relationships.
- Creates and organizes press promotional activities.
- Participates in the press events/trips organized by the regional PR offices as required.
- Conducts press blitzes when appropriate.
- Ensures press kit information is comprehensive and kept up-to-date.
- Adaptability – Develops strategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change; models flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment.
- Communication - Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver complex information in a clear concise way and influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and sets expectations for solving complex problems, collecting and comparing information to evaluate alternatives, considering their potential impact before making decisions, involving others to gain agreement and support, and guiding others to implement solutions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of organizational units, jobs, and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information (e.g., data related to employee engagement, guest satisfaction, and property financial performance) to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Creative Oral Expression and Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas, and to communicate them with unusual, clever, or novel speech so that others will understand them.
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- An effective Team Player in a team based environment
- Effective time management skills.
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Strong Presentation skills
- Fluent in written and verbal English is essential, additional language is a plus
- Previously a PR & Marketing Manager in a premium Hotel/Organization.
- Experience in GCC is desirable but not essential
- Experience in having worked across all segments (Leisure and Business, group, corporate, transient, meetings, events, F&B and spa)
- Marriott Marketing and PR experience is desirable but not essential
Key Performance Areas
- Customer Service – Internal and External
- Business Management
- Performance Management
- Personal Effectiveness
- Performs other duties as assigned by the leader to meet business needs.
- Carries responsibility for ensuring that all cash and key security procedures are adhered at all times as per the hotel policy
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited, Continental Office local policies and procedures and with hotel job aids
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Marketing y Ventas
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato
Marriott Hotel Downtown, Abu Dhabi
This is not a hotel. It’s an idea that travel should be brilliant. Only Marriott Hotels is advancing the art of hosting so you can Travel Brilliantly.
The Marriott Downtown Abu Dhabi is right in the center of the business hub. 14 state-of-the-art meeting rooms and facilities, roof-top pool. Diverse dining options including JW Steakhouse and Velocity. The Marriott Hotels brand’s target guest is known as the “Discerning Master Blender.” They stay in control by making educated choices that help them reach this next level. Marriott Downtown Abu Dhabi helps them Travel Brilliantly. Are you ready to work for an energizing hotel brands like Marriott Hotels and Marriott Executive Apartments?