Descripción de la oferta
The Area Director of Engineering & Facilities provides functional Engineering & Facilities leadership and expertise regarding facilities management, property renovations and energy conservation for all managed Marriott Hotel brands within their assigned Area.
Provides Area leadership to protect assets, drive guest satisfaction, support business performance and enhance the brands. Additionally, he or she provides strategic direction to the GM’s, their Facility Engineers, Cluster Engineering Managers, Chief Engineers, Directors of Engineering, and to the Area Directors/Vice Presidents to ensure effective delivery of results, managed execution of projects, and to identify talent in their Area. As a business partner to the Area Directors, Area Vice Presidents and Regional Teams, the position provides an Engineering & Facilities perspective to help make optimal business decisions as well as helps sets overall direction to ensure that Area practices are aligned with continent, business, and brand strategies. .
This leadership role has overall responsibility for managing and directing the engineering strategy for their Area. It defines and presents opportunities for improvement, evaluates risks, works within area of expertise to provide effective solutions, and implements systems and processes that leverage and support enterprise strategies to maximize guest satisfaction and engineering performance. This individual works in a complex matrix environment and balances the sometimes-diverging expectations of the property, the brand, and the Engineering discipline.
Operations/ Property Management
- Provides functional and business expertise and strategic perspective to develop quality services and talent to meet or exceed the needs and expectation of guests and provide a return on investment to the Owners and Marriott.
- Provides leadership to the engineering function in their Area by setting priorities aligned with the continent and discipline goals related to key business priorities. Identifies service improvements, anticipates challenges, and creates competitive breakthrough strategies for their Area. Protects and strengthens Marriott's competitive advantage by advocating and supporting sound business and engineering decision-making. Advises GMs, Directors of Engineering, Regional Team, and coworkers on existing and evolving business and facilities issues; helps enhance the team’s engineering-related and business skills.
- Serves as market change agent and provides oversight in the implementation of programs and key initiatives in the market.
- Leads initiatives to change the structure, systems, or talent of the organization to more effectively support the business strategy
- Takes calculated risks to move the property and discipline forward by setting important organizational objectives.
- Evaluates effectiveness of change and helps determines future direction.
- Takes action and calls attention to a crisis or heightens awareness of a need for change. Introduces needed change even in the face of opposition.
- Leads the execution of engineering responsibilities for the region: engineering operating strategy, facilities management (i.e., facility and plant maintenance, asset protection, landscaping, regulatory compliance, etc.), and guest satisfaction.
- Ensures quality and consistency of engineering practices and facilitates rollouts of new initiatives.
- Holds high performance expectations, willingly owns results, and holds others accountable. Assigns clear accountability and provides both the authority and resources to ensure that individuals deliver desired contributions and results. Monitors implementation to ensure success and accountability for results.
- Develops processes to enhance communication and sharing of best practices inside and outside their Area. Coordinates and directs work groups to address common issues.
- Builds effective working relationships with internal (Regional Teams, Corporate resources) and external groups (customers, owners, partners). Develops working relationships in other Areas within the Continental Lodging Services Organization to share innovations and maintain consistency in engineering and facilities throughout the Continent.
- Sells ideas persuasively and influences without direct authority. Negotiates skillfully in tough situations, settles differences, and wins concessions without damaging relationships.
- Stays aware of market trends in engineering and introduces or recommends new initiatives for the region when appropriate.
- Understands ADA, OSHA, and environmental requirements of EPA, CFC, toxic waste, and recycling; along with applicable regulations and their potential impact on the business.
- Provides regional solutions and high-level technical consultation relating to Preventive Maintenance, CapEx, Property Improvement Plans, Standardized Reporting, ADA/Regulatory Compliance, Energy savings and Engineering Balanced Scorecard.
- Supports and directs activities of Directors or Cluster Engineering related to preventative maintenance, asset protection, brand consistency, and enhanced financial performance including energy conservation plans.
- Fosters a positive and proactive work environment.
- Provide property support by having positive owner relations and ensuring consistency amongst owner portfolio.
- Provides leadership and consistency in energy conservation and environmental stewardship in alignment with the continent energy and environment strategy.
- Provides problem-solving expertise in operational and emergency situations. Takes a leadership role in responding to large-scale weather incidents, natural disaster, terrorist activities, etc. as required. Monitors and provides direction on CP-30.
- Clearly states expectations and boundaries and provides necessary guidance and resources when making assignments. Sets priorities and drives results through effective people management, i.e., relationships, and processes utilizing reliable tools and leveraging resources to include other parts of the organization.
- Manages the quality process in areas of customer service and satisfaction.
- Reviews engineering and property maintenance guest satisfaction results for their Area to identify items in need of improvement; reviews findings with appropriate Regional Team members, GMs, and property Engineers and assists in developing appropriate corrective action.
- Executes engineering strategies, standards, and actions to exceed guest expectations and deliver high quality engineering practices that result in increased guest satisfaction.
- Delivers against balanced scorecard and discipline initiatives to build brand equity and customer loyalty.
- Leads and facilitates the delivery of sustainable business results against growth and profitability objectives.
- Puts in place early warning systems and appropriate metrics to identify and manage business and financial risks. Ensures brand standards are adhered to in their Area for all Brands.
- Drives productivity improvement and operational performance as measured by GSS, R&M and HLP. Executes engineering strategies and monitors property performance against defined expectations.
- Provides technical information and support to Area Directors, Country Managers and Area Vice Presidents for use with property Asset Managers and owners.
- Creates cost-benefit analyses as required to set priorities, choose goals, or make decisions.
- Proactively form positive relationships with owners.
- Ensures that owners & franchisees are considered partners when designing or implementing key initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- The position requires 60-80% travel, as part of regular duties.
- 10+ years of hotel facilities management experience including a minimum of four different properties and at least two different brands. Corporate Headquarters, regional team, and market leadership will be considered as a brand experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience as Chief Engineer or comparable position.
- Working knowledge of all trades and completes understanding and practice of Engineering SOPs.
- In-depth knowledge of HVAC, mechanical, and electrical systems, carpentry, paint, and vinyl expertise, and Life Safety Systems.
- Experience managing and operating a central plant and construction of CEP projects.
- Knowledge of ADA, OSHA and environmental requirements of EPA, CFC, toxic waste, recycling and engineering SOPs.
Education or Professional Certification
- High school diploma required
- College degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering preferred, or equivalent/related work experience
- Facilities Certification CEOE, IFMA, or FMA are desired.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Ingeniería y Mantenimiento
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato