Descripción de la oferta
The Assistant Manager will report directly to the Manager, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow and is an integral member of the Financial Reporting & Analysis (FR&A) team. This highly motivated individual will be responsible for the reporting and analysis of several sections of the balance sheet and cash flows for Marriott’s lodging segments. The Assistant Manager will partner with others within FR&A and throughout the Global Finance organization to help ensure the accuracy of the Company’s financial statements.
Assist with the reporting for the segments:
- Review and analyze assigned portions of balance sheet and cash flow activity to ensure that activity is accurately reported in accordance with GAAP, and significant variances are explained. Includes working closely with process owners to understand and document current processes and to develop financial reporting process improvements.
- Coordinate receipt of supporting schedules from various preparers. Verify and document the accuracy and completeness of each schedule and discuss significant activity with preparer.
- Identify, analyze, and explain the business drivers for all activity and variances, including comparison to budget and prior year activity.
- Help streamline and rationalize balance sheet and cash flow chartfield usage and improve balance sheet and cash flow reporting processes.
- Review significant cash flow activity and verify accuracy of cash flow presentation through review of supporting schedules, analysis, and discussions with process owners. Explain and analyze business drivers and significant transactions that impact the cash flow statement.
- Compile, analyze, and load cash flow forecast inputs from other Global Finance departments, and assist with preparation of segment cash flow forecasts.
- Partner with the Manager, Director, and other team members in the annual business planning cash flow process across finance departments and assist in review of the annual cash flow budget.
- Prepare balance sheet and cash flow journal entries and reconciliation processes, as needed.
- Assist in the MIP‐66 Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation process by consolidating current quarter exceptions, following up on prior quarter exceptions, working with area owners to clarify exceptions and comments, and highlighting and summarizing risks for senior management.
- Provide accounting support for acquisitions, dispositions, and other significant financial transactions by reviewing financial information and determining impact to, as well as accuracy of, assigned portions of balance sheet and cash flows.
- Prepare PBCs and other requests from External Auditors to support interim and year‐end financial statement audit procedures.
- Act as Liaison with process owners to trouble shoot issues and address inquiries.
- Perform ad‐hoc balance sheet, cash flow and financial analysis projects as directed.
- At least three years of progressive job experience in accounting.
Education or Certification
- Baccalaureate degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required
- CPA highly desirable
- Strong computer skills. Experience with spread sheet based programs (Excel) and modeling (Access, Power BI, etc). Peoplesoft and/or Hyperion experience a plus.
- Experience in Marriott Lodging or other MI business a plus.
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while meeting required goals and deadlines.
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Positive attitude and a high level of enthusiasm and energy.
- High degree of initiative; highly motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with peers and all levels of management.
- Strong organizational skills. Effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments.
- Strong communication skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills – ability to develop alternatives and solutions.
- Relationship builder; networker
- Collaborative; self‐directed team player
- Persistent; drives ideas
- Analytical; makes decisions using data
- Comfortable with complexity, ambiguity and change
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple priorities at any given point in time