Descripción de la oferta
Members of the Operations Support Resources team will be deployed to temporary assignments of varying durations (based on specific hotel needs) as directed by CLS Leadership. This job is designed to "fill the gaps" in the operations of our hotels as identified by leadership.
This job will require members of the team to travel extensively; however, relocation is not expected. The time in position requirement will follow the standard company policies. Performance will be evaluated after each assignment via an appraisal from the General Manager/Department Head of the hotel where the assignment occurred.
Operations Support Resources associates are expected to demonstrate professional demeanor and behavior at all times as the associate represents the Continent Lodging Services organization of the Americas.
Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Leading Kitchen Operations Team
- Supervises and manages associates. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of associates.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
- Ensures associate recognition is taking place on all shifts.
- Participates in an on-going associate recognition program.
- Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
- Communicates specific guidance and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish daily kitchen work.
- Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Calculates accurate theoretical and weighted food costs.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Supervises kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal (OSHA, ASI and Health Department) regulations.
- Assists the Executive Chef with menu development.
- Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations.
- Performs all duties of kitchen managers and associates as necessary.
- Ensures associates maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrates a positive example for guest relations.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Participates in associate progressive discipline procedures.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Assists Executive Chef with managing, developing, and coaching direct reports including completion of Leadership Performance Process (LPP).
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings (e.g., Daily Stand Up, BEO, Pre-Cons, Staff, Forecast, Department and Intradepartment).
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibiting behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; making a good first impression and representing Marriott in alignment with its values.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; obtaining and comparing information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Adaptability - Maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Driving for Results - Setting high standards of performance for self and/or others; assuming responsibility for work objectives; initiating, focusing, and monitoring the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively taking action and going beyond what is required
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leading and participating as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacting with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Developing and sustaining relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with Marriott's Spirit to Serve.
- Fostering Inclusion - Supporting associates with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; leveraging personal differences to achieve objectives; and promoting a work environment where all associates are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Talent Management - Providing guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Basic Cookery - Knowledge of procedures and techniques for mixing, thawing, baking, and cooking, measurement tools, recipe execution (expanding and condensing as necessary), and methods for innovative preparation and presentation.
- Food Production and Presentation - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for preparing and presenting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques and sanitation standards.
- Cooking - Ability to prepare and present meals utilizing culinary principles, standards, techniques and equipment (e.g., grilling, sautéing, broiling, baking, using decorative food displays, following recipes).
- Food Storage and Rotation - Knowledge of procedures and temperatures for storing and rotating food stock in coolers, refrigerators, freezers, dry storage, etc. to maintain freshness ("First In, First Out"). This includes preparing, labeling, dating, rotating, and pulling perishable foods and drinks in accordance with storage guidelines; identifying food products that do not meet company or compliance standards; and knowledge of policies and procedures for discarding food items or products.
- Food Handling - Knowledge of basic food handling policies and procedures, as well as the procedures for assisting cooks in serving or preparing food.
- Kitchen Maintenance - Knowledge of general maintenance procedures and standards of cleanliness for the food storage and preparation areas.
- Kitchen Tools and Equipment - The ability to use and store kitchen tools (e.g., cutting tools, knives, tongs, slicers, spatulas) and ability to use kitchen equipment (e.g., grills, ovens, steam tables, deep fryers, kettles) properly and safely.
- Cleaning the Kitchen - The ability to properly and safely clean and maintain kitchen floors, walls, and ceilings, including meal wall guards, overhead fans and hoods, and floor drains. This includes correctly choosing and applying appropriate chemicals and/or products. This includes knowing the right equipment to use for each job.
- Supply Storage - Knowledge of proper storage procedures for cookware, flatware, and supplies.
- Purchasing and Materials Management - Knowledge of practices and procedures needed to maintain material, equipment and supplies; including vendor identification and contract negotiation, supply requisition and purchasing, and inventory control.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Alimentos & Bebidas Otros
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato