Descripción de la oferta
Manages all aspects of the company’s contractual agreement(s) with Service Providers on behalf of Marriott Information Technology and its business functions with primary responsibility for facilitating amendments to contracts. Collaborates with IT business partners, financial managers, and the service providers. Functions as the contracts’ subject matter expert and advocates for the company where contract terms are in dispute.
- 5+ years’ contract management or similar vendor relations/sourcing experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/training/certification.
- Contract Management Certification
- MBA/JD or related graduate degree
- Experience in working with service providers and complex sourcing arrangements.
- Experience in Telecommunications Categories particularly in the network arena
- Exposure to International Contracting.
- Experience in call center hardware, software and services is desirable.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Contract Management Leadership
- May provide guidance and work direction to Procurement Analyst and other Contract Managers as needed.
- Collaborates with Legal, Service Management, Service Delivery and Finance to maintain a thorough knowledge of all aspects of contracts.
- Modifies contracts as needed.
- Educates IT leadership on the company’s and the Service Provider’s obligations within the overall agreement and reports on the status of these obligations.
- Manages issues related to the contract and assists in interpreting the contract as needed.
- Updates the team as necessary to facilitate the entire team’s understanding of the contract terms and deliverables.
- Facilitates timely problem resolution of contractual issues to minimize the impact of service disruptions on the organization.
- Contributes to achievement of team objectives and outcomes.
- Ability to manage several complex RFP’s/RFX’s simultaneously while managing day to day contracting workload under tight deadlines.
Managing Compliance with Contractual Terms and Conditions
- Guards and owns the integrity of the pricing schedules and mechanisms and ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Verifies any scope change or extension is commercially optimized using contractual mechanisms.
- Verifies proposals and requests for service responses against contractual terms and conditions (including pricing, proposed charging mechanisms, chargeability of items) as well as proposing if necessary the most appropriate solution for the business unit.
- Facilitates commercial optimization of the contract by making use of contractual levers to limit or reduce cost and by educating the organization on the contractual mechanism for optimal value..
- Escalates, as necessary issues/disputes.
- Participates in negotiations for amendments, contract interpretations, new services and any other issues requiring contractual resolution.
- Participates in benchmarking and market-to-market activities to monitor Provider performance against industry standards, as stipulated in the contract.
- Implements appropriate audit controls for the Provider’s processes and invoices as needed.
- Validates auditability of the contracts as required in the various sections (billing, standards compliance, service delivery, etc.).
- Participates in audits with Service Management and Governance (SM&G) team members and internal audit organization.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Interprets the contract and proposes resulting consequences.
- Monitors and maintains the Service Provider and company’s compliance with contract terms and conditions, commitments and notifications.
- Promotes that all terms and conditions of the agreement are satisfied, contractual constructs are fit for purpose and mitigate any risk exposures and works with the Service Provider to progress the goals and objectives of the set of agreements.
- Adheres to a structured process, rules of engagement and end-to-end support for contractual issue/dispute resolution.
- Resolves escalated issues in accordance with the governance escalation procedures.
- Participates in the end-to-end Supplier Audit process by promoting that appropriate audit controls are in place for the Service Provider’s processes and invoices, in accordance with the process established in the organization’s Policy & Procedures Manual.
- Manages the end-to-end lifecycle process of Contract Change from development through to execution, including obtaining the relevant stakeholder approvals, Initiating and preparing of change requests, assessing and prioritizing impact, negotiating with the Service Provider, gaining final approval, and updating contracts.
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Business Process and Analysis – Knowledge of multiple processes within sponsor department; ability to document key process flows, recognize processes for redesign, identify opportunities and translate business processes into information system’s needs. Ability to define quality measures and evaluate performance against standards and to identify issues, risks and possible paths of resolution or mitigation strategies.
- IT Business Management – Ability to monitor and evaluate trends in technology, technology delivery mechanisms and IT organizational processes and tools. This includes the ability to redefine processes, make recommendations, and perfect process governance frameworks.
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato