Descripción de la oferta
Members of the Operations Support Resources team will be deployed to temporary assignments of varying durations (based on specific hotel needs) as directed by CLS Leadership to full service Marriott & Starwood legacy brand hotels. This job is designed to "fill the gaps" in the operations of our hotels as identified by leadership. This job will require members of the team to travel extensively; however, relocation is not expected. The time in position requirement, in order to transfer to a new position, will follow the standard company policies. Performance will be evaluated after each assignment via an appraisal from the General Manager/Department Head of the hotel where the assignment occurred. Operations Support Resources associates are expected to demonstrate professional demeanor and behavior at all times as the associate represents the Continent Lodging Services organization of the Americas.
Management position responsible for daily operations in Restaurants, Bars, Food Outlets, Room Service. Position assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards, assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods and supervises shifts for Restaurants, Bars, Food Outlets and Room Service. Accountable for supporting compliance with brand standards and legal obligations. Directs and motivates team to provide consistent, high quality service. Provides clear communications and sets performance expectations for associates. Identifies training opportunities and plans a strategy to accomplish goals. Assists more senior managers in completion of financial and administrative duties. Strives to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction and maximize financial performance of the F&B operation.
Managing Food and Beverage Operations Activities associated with Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, and other Food and Beverage Outlets
- Opens and closes restaurant, bar, or food and beverage outlet shifts.
- Supervises operations for all related areas in the absence of Director or Sr. Manager.
- Demonstrates self-confidence and enthusiasm.
- Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of associate time and attendance.
- Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures (Core Deliverables, SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
- Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine trends, and overall event presentation.
- Communicates and executes departmental and hotel emergency procedures and monitors staff readiness with regard to safety procedures.
- Ensures all associates have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Ensures compliance with all Bar/Lounge and restaurant policies, standards and procedures.
- Implements agreed upon beverage policy and procedures throughout the hotel.
- Maintains food handling, sanitation and cleanliness standards.
- Maintains clean and pristine facilities and equipment.
- Maintains standards for bartender and cocktail service.
- Monitors departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
- Monitors and enforces compliance with all local, state and Federal beverage and liquor laws.
- Performs all duties of restaurant associates and related departments as necessary.
- Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
- Trains staff on cash handling, credit policies and procedures, and liquor control policies and procedures.
- Motivates and encourages staff to solve guest and associate related concerns.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings (e.g., Daily Stand Up, Staff, Forecast, Department and Intradepartmental).
- Handles associate questions and concerns.
- Understands beverage control including days on hand, perpetual inventory, bar pars, portion control, costs controls, beverage potentials, mix of sales analysis for beverage, issue & returns, food standards, and period end inventory.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements, and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in financial management of the department.
Leading Food and Beverage Operations Teams in Day to Day Activities, Holding Teams to High Work Standards, and Modeling Those Standards
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Creates and nurtures a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Participates in department meetings by communicating a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Provides a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Provides excellent customer service to all associates.
- Provides proactive coaching and counseling to team members.
- Provides feedback to associates based on observation of service behaviors.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Responds quickly and proactively to associate's concerns.
- Participates in the management of department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of associates.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the brand-specific service culture.
- Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Responsible for daily and cumulative financial performance.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Schedules service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
- Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain business and increase growth.
- Uses beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the beverage perpetual inventory.
Managing Day-to-Day Event Operations associated with Banquets, Event Services and Event Technology on an as needed basis
- Ensures meeting and event rooms/space are set according to event documentation (Banquet Event Orders, resumes, etc.) and customer requirements.
- Maintains attendance log for Banquet and Event Services associates.
- Maintains and enforces established sanitation levels.
- Acts as a liaison between Banquets, Event Planning, Event Delivery teams and the group contact throughout the event.
- Attends pre- and post-convention meetings as needed to understand group needs
- Attends pre-event meetings as needed to understand group needs.
- Communicates critical information to Banquet and Event Services Teams and any issues regarding food quality and service levels to Chef and Restaurant Manager.
- Participants in monthly department meetings with the Banquet captains and associates.
- Delegates tasks to ensure room sets are “on time” and meet Event Management Standards.
- Ensures associate awareness of the event phase portion of the Event Satisfaction Survey and Guest Satisfaction Scores.
- Ensures candy rotation on all meeting room sets (if applicable).
- Ensures Red Coat program is in place in accordance with Catering Event Service minimum standard.
- Establishes consistent standards for regular meeting room sets and VIP meeting room sets.
- Conducts routine maintenance to ensure a quality meeting facility and function room inspections prior to each function to ensure the room is set according to specifications.
- Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures (Core Deliverables, SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
- Uses banquet beverage tools to guide banquet beverage supervisor in controlling liquor costs, managing the banquet beverage perpetual inventory and requisitioning liquor.
- Assists with the Event Technology/Audio Visual team when necessary in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Works with Event Planning team to ensure flawless delivery of events.
- Assists in maintaining the inventory of meeting and event rooms/space amenities (e.g., pads, pens, candy, water service) and other controllable supplies.
- Responds quickly and proactively to customer concerns.
- Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Sets a positive example for customer relations.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that customer service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Manages service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point of entry to departure (e.g., greeting from hostess, speed of order taking and food and beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests, collection of payment & invitation to return).
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of associate team members with the appropriate skills.
- Assists more senior managers in establishing guidelines so associates understand job expectations and parameters.
- Participates in an ongoing associate recognition program.
- Supports training when appropriate.
- Communicates and executes departmental and hotel emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
- Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
- Schedules associates to ensure shift coverage and meet business demands and productivity goals.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Ensures hotel policies are applied fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Performs additional duties, departmental and/or total hotel related, as assigned and requested.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ensures effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings and hotel meetings.
- Travel required, approximately, 95%
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the Food and Beverage, Culinary or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary or related professional area
Technical Knowledge and Skills Demonstrated on the Job (preferred but not required upon entry)
- Running a shift, scheduling, Problem Solving (Guest complaints; scheduling, financial and logistics), Managing day to day operational performance, Hospitality Skills
Certifications Earned on the Job (preferred but not required upon entry)
- Food Safety Certification
- Required One of the following: National Registry of Food Service Professionals, ServSafe, Prometric, CRFA-NFSTP (Canada only)
- Beverage Certification
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibiting behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; making a good first impression and representing Marriott in alignment with its values.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; obtaining and comparing information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Adaptability - Maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Driving for Results - Setting high standards of performance for self and/or others; assuming responsibility for work objectives; initiating, focusing, and monitoring the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively taking action and going beyond what is required
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leading and participating as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacting with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Developing and sustaining relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with Marriott's Spirit to Serve.
- Fostering Inclusion - Supporting associates with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; leveraging personal differences to achieve objectives; and promoting a work environment where all associates are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Talent Management - Providing guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- 100% travel
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible work experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Multi-brand experience preferred
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Alimentos & Bebidas Otros
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible