Descripción de la oferta
The Senior Accountant will work internally with other Risk Management functions, field and division personnel and various corporate functions. This position will also work directly with external third parties (e.g., Sodexo, Host, etc.) and Marriott’s captive insurance managers. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Risk Finance and is based at MI Corporate Headquarters.
- Provide support to external captive insurance subsidiary managers in the preparation of quarterly captive financial statements.
- Review quarterly financial statements for all captive insurance subsidiaries and prepare consolidating journal entries.
- Provide support for the external audits of all captive insurance subsidiaries.
- Maintain responsibility for activities related to Risk Management-related Letters of Credit ( LOCs)
- Prepare monthly and quarterly billing of payments made and/or risk management services rendered to external third-party customers (Host Marriott Corporation, Host Marriott Services, Sodexho Marriott Services, and Caterair).
- Act as the day-to-day primary contact for addressing third party issues and questions. Prepare third-party journal entries and periodic account reconciliations.
- Calculate quarterly capital advances from third parties and annual budget estimates for third-party claims administration income.
- Prepare interim and year-end audit schedules.
- Prepare or contribute to special projects and analyses as assigned.
- Demonstrate an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Develop and review documentation of current accounting policies/procedures and initiate updates or improvements.
- 3+ years of relevant finance/accounting experience
Education or Certification
- B.S. Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline preferred.
- CPA a plus
- Strong technical accounting skills; understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and related controls.
- Strong financial acumen with proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Previous PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and effectiveness in prioritizing and managing multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work independently.
- Effectively work in a team environment.
- Ability to embrace continuous process improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a “win-win” negotiating style, while effectively working in a team environment
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement; acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills.
This position is based at MIHQ in Bethesda, MD.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Finanzas / Contabilidad
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato