Descripción de la oferta
The Senior Manager, Distribution Partnerships is a key member of the Distribution organization and the team responsible for managing the strategy and commercial terms for relationships with third-party sellers of Marriott room inventory globally, with a focus on the online travel agency (OTAs), metasearch and wholesale segment. This role will support the leadership team that negotiates major agreements in a manner designed to maximize value for Marriott stakeholders and in alignment with Marriott’s distribution strategy. The senior manager will contribute to exploration of new business opportunities with existing and new partners globally and manage deployment of key initiatives stemming for partner agreements. This position reports to the Director, Distribution Partnerships and will engage with leaders of the Distribution organization and key leaders across supporting disciplines globally to manage strategy and initiatives. It requires the ability to develop knowledge of job-relevant topics, systems and processes in order to manage initiatives designed to further Marriott’s Global Distribution Strategy.
- High school diploma or GED and 8 years’ experience in business, channel/partner management, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area OR 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration or related major and 4 years’ experience in the business, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, and ability to work across functional areas.
- Ability to apply strategic frameworks to guide broad strategic decision making in relation to distribution strategy.
- Experience with project management and leading and influencing matrixed teams.
- Ability to gather and analyze complex data and contribute insights for use in strategy development.
- Excellent communicator across all levels, proven ability to present complex topics in a simple manner.
- Understanding of external relationship management, and ability to adapt strategy and recommendations with consideration of internal and external stakeholders.
Management of major strategic projects as assigned, including partnership negotiations and program deployments related to partnership agreements
- Assist the Director, Partnership Development with Marriott’s Approach to Partnership and Negotiations with Key OTAs, Metasearch and Wholesalers including development of negotiation objectives, strategy and approach for upcoming negotiations with OTAs/Metasearch/wholesale players.
- Act as a manager of strategic projects as assigned for cross-functional initiatives that are designed to (i) address opportunities and risks relating to new distribution trends/digital business models, and (ii) develop strategies for Marriott to capitalize on and/or limit risks.
- Lead the development and execution of potential mitigation plans to strengthen Marriott’s negotiation position.
- Support successful global deployment and change management for Marriott’s Wholesale solution (Project Pluto).
- Manage cross-functional strategic projects as assigned to further Marriott’s long-term strategic position in the ever-evolving distribution landscape
- Supports the deployment of major initiatives stemming from partner agreements that are complex, high priority and time sensitive.
- Acts as a resource for distribution related partner negotiations for all Continent based distribution teams.
Supporting the exploration and testing of new business/commercial models with distribution partners that support Marriott’s long-term
- Contributes to execution of strategic partner initiatives and turns them into self-sustainable programs with the goal to:
- Acquire new loyalty program members through Expedia, Priceline Inc., TripAdvisor, etc.
- Leverage new media placements and customer audience data to drive digital direct channel sales
- Engage in promotional growth strategies (e.g., shift traditional wholesale business into a more profitable model, reach customer audiences that do not typically consider Marriott)
- Supports development of opportunities to strike new distribution deals/propose strategic investments to further Marriott’s long-term position in the distribution landscape.
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Informs and/or updates leaders on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Marketing y Ventas
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato