Descripción de la oferta
Marriott’s Global Design Strategies team is searching for someone who blends their maker know-how and their creative genius to build-out and refine new concepts. This person is a builder/maker/problem-solver at heart and can work across a range of projects. From a napkin sketch or conversation, this individual can build at different fidelities to demonstrate an idea, and advise the team on the best way to execute to get buy-in from senior executives.
As someone who oversees and builds out new concepts, this candidate should be able to not only see when something is working and when it’s not, but can zero in on how to fix it without breaking the bank or compromising the big idea.
Want to help new brands flourish? Reposition some of the industry’s most powerful brands? Rated by Fast Company as one of the world’s most innovative companies, Marriott’s award-winning Global Design division is where ideas, research and design converge. Build your career, feed your creativity, and take the opportunity to leave your mark on the future of travel.
This position plays a critical role in the building of products to test, collect feedback, and deliver in response to team priorities. The core accountabilities for this position include:
- Use a multitude of materials to make and build prototypes at different fidelities to demonstrate ideas and get necessary feedback from key stakeholders
- Contribute new concepts and strategies, using design methodologies for constant improvement of our deliverables
- Work collaboratively to execute on projects that are multi-dimensional, multi-teamed, and complex in nature
- Develop strong stories and narratives, presenting to senior leaders to motivate and persuade investment
- Represent the team, both internally and externally, on design issues and use design to reach the best decisions for projects
- Collaborate and use constructive feedback to refine projects
- Work creatively on tight deadlines and strict budgets
- Understand and synthesize trends and happenings in other industries to create an informed point of view and drive the team forward
- Shift gears from one project to another guiding others, pitching in wherever is needed
- Bring to life world class, guest-centric environments, knowing how to listen for valuable insights and when to share new ideas
The ideal candidate will be a strong innovative maker/doer whose passion is to build. They can influence a team with their desire for good design and their storytelling abilities. This person is curious by nature and uses that curiosity to develop their craft and further business priorities. They have been in design and/or a like-minded creative field and have created immersive design experiences before. Excellent organizational skills are a must.
- Strong builder knowledge and maker mentality
- Self-starter with exceptional design skills and ability to work in multiple media from foam core, to plywood, to digital
- Equally comfortable with a keyboard, a solder, or a saw
- Exceptional problem solving & creative solutioning skills
- Ability to build & maintain strong working relationships and collaborate with a diverse team
- Ability to negotiate and be flexible when appropriate
- Strong project management skills & ability to manage multiple priorities & resources
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment
- Mastery of all things digital and visual like hand-sketching, AutoCAD, In-design, Bluebeam Revit, SketchUp, Photoshop, After Effects, PowerPoint, etc.
- Deep experience with fabrication methods like 3D printing and laser cutting
- Knowledge about innovation & trends both inside and outside the industry with ability to connect the dots
- Expert storytelling & verbal communications skills
- A four-year degree, preferably in industrial design, engineering or design related field
- Minimum 8 years’ experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato