Descripción de la oferta
As a member of the Global Tax Accounting team, the Director, Global Tax Accounting, partnering with VP and Senior Director will help ensure the efficient and accurate completion of Marriott’s global tax provision and SEC disclosures for income taxes under the guidance of FASB Topic ASC 740. She/he will provide technical expertise to the development and/or review of financial statement disclosures. The Director will help ensure the delivery of accurate and effective tax compliance and certain accounting services outsourced to Service Provider(s) and be the point of contact for the Service Provider(s) for the tax provision related calculations and schedules provided. She/he will partner with the Service Provider(s) in an effort to continuously improve the data collection and reporting process for tax provision deliverables.
The Director collaborates with Global Entity Reporting & Tax (GERT), Global Finance, and the tax compliance Service Provider(s) and contributes subject matter expertise to ongoing business processes. She/he must be adept at tapping diverse sources of information, anticipating challenges and identifying appropriate solutions, and devising and executing approaches to deliver against current and future priorities.
- Contribute technical expertise to support MI’s compliance with all tax-related GAAP and SEC filing requirements.
- Work closely with compliance, planning, accounting, and other business groups to ensure that all changes affecting reporting are accurately reflected.
- Serve as the primary conduit for the transfer of information and data to the Service Provider related to and advise on the tax provision deliverables.
- Monitor service level delivery and ensures alignment with defined escalation processes to resolve service/policy issues with Service Provider(s). Recommends changes to processes to enhance effectiveness.
- Partner with the Global Tax Compliance team and the Service Provider to facilitate continuous service level improvement initiatives.
- Develop, lead and assist in efforts to re-engineer business processes and improve reporting functions performed by the tax accounting team.
- Assist in the professional development of team members
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with corporate and continent finance teams to understand the business and ensure timely exchange of information. Provide ongoing advice and guidance concerning issues related to global tax accounting and reporting.
- Contributes to achievement of team objectives and outcomes.
- Champion excellence in business ethics and integrity, social responsibility, cross-cultural effectiveness, and associate engagement.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Key Talents and Experience
- Minimum 8 years of corporate income tax experience (a combination of working in public accounting & corporate tax department is a plus.)
- Strong working knowledge of ASC 740 (SFAS109, APB23, FIN18, FIN48) and SOX404.
- History of consistently delivering results in a timely manner
- Strong business acumen and service orientation.
- Experience with ERP systems
- Experience with supervising staff
- Must have demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in team-based environment
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing
- Responsive; able to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- Active learner -- able to enhance personal, professional and business growth through new knowledge and experiences; pushes the organization to learn from other industries' standards and practices.
Education and Professional Certification
- Baccalaureate degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline required
- Masters in Tax and/or CPA a plus
- This position will be based at MI Corporate Headquarters.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Finanzas / Contabilidad
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible