Descripción de la oferta
The Group Marketing Manager is the marketing leader for the Protea Hotels by Marriott and African Pride Hotels brand within a designated area in the Africa with the core role of promoting the Protea Hotels by Marriott brand (including the two other brands that form part of the Protea Hotels portfolio), digital and loyalty programs within that area. This role will be responsible for leading the Protea Hotels marketing and brand team to execute brand and marketing functions within the area of coverage and drive revenue to the hotels through appropriate marketing programs and initiatives. This role is responsible for Brand Marketing & Communications, Loyalty, Social Media, Partnerships, Public Relations and Brand Standards. As the Group Marketing Manager, he/she understands and accurately represents the brand and actively supports participating properties’ marketing needs by providing marketing insights and customer trends to assist the hotels to drive the correct marketing and product promotion actions across owned channels, sales initiatives, digital, PR, advertising and database marketing.
The role works closely with key stakeholders within the designated or assigned Area with strong working relationships with the Area Director of Sales, Area Director of Revenue Management and the Area Director of Marketing. The role also supports the activation and pull-through of key brand strategies, sales initiatives and events and loyalty activations. The Group Marketing Manager supports hotels in generating profitable revenue to increase RevPAR, market share, and brand awareness by fully leveraging retail campaigns, marketing / loyalty programs, partnerships, database marketing and digital at market level, and by ensuring that marketing efforts are effectively directed to the targeted consumer. This position will ensure that property collateral and programming is aligned with brand standards, brand voice and fully utilizes all available tools and resources.
Key accountability areas include: (1) developing and implementing market-based strategic marketing plans based on local need-time and demand generation opportunities, (2) implementing and driving a Marketing, PR and communication strategy to maintain brand equity for Protea Hotels (3) management of a CRM and marketing strategy for Prokard Explorer, the local benefits program. (4) executing and ensuring pull through of brand standards/corporate identity, marketing programs, channels, platforms and initiatives. (5) training and development of on marketing team.
In order to support the development, implementation and execution across these key areas, this role manages an in-house design studio and three independent 3rd party agencies within the following disciplines: Public Relations, Loyalty CRM and Advertising.
Education and Experience
- College degree in hospitality management or marketing preferred.
- 4 years of marketing experience demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance (hospitality industry preferred) with focus on Sales & Marketing is required
- Knowledge and experience in developing strategic marketing plans, brand communications, public relations, partnership marketing, online, brand marketing, financial planning and budgeting is required
- Language requirements: High proficiency in English is required
- Experience leading a team.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work autonomously given geographic and time separation from the direct manager.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful marketing strategies for the brand, individual properties, including specialized amenities such as F&B, MICE, golf or spas.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and grow business of complex hotels with effective marketing plans and programs.
- Proven track record of excelling in marketing role and providing consistent high level marketing leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to use standard software applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, on-line database applications, internet).
- Excellent relationship management and negotiation skills; demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with senior leaders (e.g. GMs, Sales and Revenue Leaders, Regional Team, media representatives) and external agencies.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks for multiple stakeholders.
- Capable of listening and counseling stakeholders on best approach, including what non-value add efforts to drop.
- Knowledge of hotel sales and operations and associated challenges from the marketing perspective.
- Knowledge of food and beverage marketing trends.
- Knowledge of need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management.
- Understands how to apply and leverage corporate marketing programs, platforms, and tools.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
The Group Marketing Manager provides marketing support for the hotels defined within his/her area
- This position will be required to travel locally.
- Assist and support with the development of marketing strategies and tactics for hotels within area to support revenue and market share goals.
- Leads and develops marketing strategies that focuses on F+B marketing, public relations, social media, awareness marketing for the brand or a cluster of hotels within the market.
- Provides strategic guidance to hotels on all facets of marketing.
- Works with the brand marketing team to ensure that all marketing activities are adhering to brand communication guidelines and standards through regular updates.
- Is involved in building cluster marketing and combining resources to leverage marketing and manage S&M costs in their area.
- Evaluates and monitors the effectiveness of all launched marketing campaigns and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Supports the launch of loyalty and digital marketing initiatives within market and at the hotel level.
- Assists with recruitment of key marketing talents and develops a diverse, high-caliber talent pool that makes a strong positive impact on the organization.
- Manages succession planning and career-pathing programs for marketing associates above property.
- Coaches and motivates marketing associates, provide constructive feedback to enhance their performance.
Develops and implements market-based strategic plans based on local need-time and demand generation opportunities
- Develops and deploys an integrated retail marketing campaign based on seasonality and event driven initiatives in order to generate demand across the regions.
- Manage the creative development and roll out of campaign creative associated to scheduled retail campaigns and any ad-hoc brand and or sales campaigns.
- Coordinates media buying across Above-the-line print mediums, digital and social channels to support planned marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for managing the marketing and Prokard budget in terms of the associated expenses associated to brand and marketing campaigns and initiatives as well as departmental/program operating expenses.
- Leverages loyalty program (Marriott Rewards) and the respective strategic partnerships to support the marketing campaigns and generate demand across the region from this base.
- Oversee the marketing communications strategy to the existing Prokard Explorer members and non-member base in order to generate revenue into key clusters or need hotels, whilst also driving Prokard usage.
- Provide support and recommendations to hotels on defined marketing activities are appropriate to achieve desired hotel business objectives.
- Responsible for allocating and managing the overall brand marketing spend to ensure maximum productivity/ROI and brand identity/marketing communications standards adherence and to eliminate non-value added expenditures.
- Incorporates global brand marketing objectives into the hotel plans, when appropriate (i.e. brand voice, participation in any required global brand marketing activities).
- Analyzes and directs property decision on marketing channel mix.
- Reviews and evaluates hotel, regional and tactical online analytics to help guide marketing strategy.
- Actively attends hotel strategy planning meetings.
Implementing and driving a PR and communication strategy to maintain brand equity for Protea Hotels
- Develop and manage a PR and communication strategy focussed on maintaining the brand equity of Protea Hotels; whilst elevating the brand through the Marriott endorsement.
- Coordinate and drive a communication strategy that leverages Protea Hotels owned channels (digital and social) to drive deeper brand engagement.
- Support hotels with their PR needs by providing insight on the key PR tactics and channels that can assist with driving awareness of hotel offering, refurbishments or new openings.
- Support and is involved in driving awareness of Marriott Rewards in order encourage enrolment, usage and redemption.
- Support global PR announcement both on a traditional media and social media deployment.
- Evaluate and manage media educational request for selected hotels/brands.
- Coordinate the response to reactive media enquiries with the PR team.
- Form part of the Crisis Communication team in respect of coordinating holding statements with the PR agency and key communication leaders from Marriott in an event of an incident.
Leads and manages a CRM and marketing strategy for Prokard Explorer, the local benefits program
- Leads and manages a strategic CRM communications plan for the local Prokard Explorer program with the support from the CRM agency and Marketing Communications team.
- Manage direct marketing campaign to drive awareness and enrollment to Prokard Explorer via direct channels.
- Manage the performance of the telemarketing vendor responsible for selling Prokards to potential new members and the renewal of existing members to meet the required revenue targets.
- Look to develop and improve the member experience through the various program touchpoints and the way the members utilize and engage wih the program.
- Support the hotels with any enquiries relating to Prokard Explorer from both an operational and marketing perspective.
Leads and executes pull through of marketing programs, channels, platforms and initiatives
- Develops or consults on brand/hotel collateral, specifically helping hotels make appropriate decisions on what collateral can benefit from using a template vs. customized materials. Ensures hotel compliance with brand standards and brand voice in all collateral, creative and content.
- Develops and executes integrated marketing campaigns (e.g. print, banner ads, email, hotel website), using best practices and in alignment with brand identity and Marriott International’s owned channels.
- Identifies opportunities to plan multi-hotel promotional marketing activities. Works with Product Manager and revenue management to develop relevant promotions and packages.
- Works closely with eCommerce partners to support with brand or campaign creative for eMarketing and paid on-line advertising.
- Maintains frequent, active engagement with eCommerce manager to ensure alignment, pull-through, and 2-way communication about the status, performance evaluation, opportunities, and issues related to online programs and initiatives.
- Ensures corporate, and/or regional marketing programs are pulled through at the property level; Supports deployment of new marketing and initiatives.
- Supports the execution of photo shoots for hotel images with the help of the Marketing Communications Manager, as needed.
- Ensures hotels within a geographically defined cluster are correctly positioned relative to each other.
- Coordinates with hotel General Managers, Sales and Revenue leaders with marketing program details; updates hotels on the status of programs ensuring follow-through and property “buy in” on customer service needs.
- Activates loyalty programs at the regional level and help hotels with Rewards strategy.
Providing Technical Support and Consultation
- Provides technical expertise and technical leadership within own and other teams.
- Provides recommendations to improve the effectiveness of processes and programs.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of function-specific procedures.
- Applies knowledge/judgment to achieve business goals.
- Foresees, identifies and resolves problems.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
- Performs other reasonable duties as required for this position.
Additional Key Contributions
- Acts as a marketing subject matter expert for GMs, Sales Leaders and Managers, and Revenue leaders.
- Builds and maintain close relationships with other continent-based marketing professionals, GMs, Sales Leaders, and Revenue Leaders.
- Completes Measurement/Reporting:
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date campaign initiative, tracking, and budget data/reports.
- Measures and reports success of marketing performance to stakeholders using relevant tools.
- Applies insights to future marketing activities
- Excellent marketing skills, processes, and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan and implement successful marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated clear ability to understand and apply Marketing and PR concepts.
- Possesses an understanding of brand strategies and cultures.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with the ability to lead and develop a team.
- Excellent verbal, Writing, listening, and presentation skills.
- Able to influence results in a matrix environment.
- Knowledge and management of marketing budgets.
- Possesses an understanding of revenue management functions and account profitability.
- Ability to diagnose reports and analyze data.
- Possess good time management and ability to multi-task.
- Familiar with content management systems is an added advantage.
- Ability to travel frequently in South Africa.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Western Cape, South Africa
- Marketing y Ventas
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato