Descripción de la oferta
Marriott Hotelsest l’enseigne phare de Marriott International avec plus de 500 établissements dans le monde. Elle cherche toujours à optimiser l’art de l’hébergement pour offrir à nos clients des voyages d’exception. En tant qu’employé chez Marriott Hotels, vous contribuerez à remplir cette mission en proposant des options de qualité supérieure, en tenant compte de l’art du détail, et le tout avec raffinement. Avec vos compétences et votre créativité, ensemble, nous allons innover et réinventer le voyage.
Assists department head in managing budget, capital expenditures, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Accountable for maintaining the building and grounds with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Assigns, tracks and follows up on status of work assigned to staff and contractors. Helps to increase guest and employee satisfaction through effective communications and training.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.OR
2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.CORE WORK ACTIVIITESSupporting management of Property Operations
Supervises distribution of repair work orders.
Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
Monitors timeliness and quality of completion of repair work orders.
Supervises Engineering and related areas in absence of the Director of Engineering.
Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
Ensures that regular on-going communication occurs with employees in order to create awareness of business objectives, communicate expectations and recognize performance.
Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
Selects and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering and related departments.Maintaining Property Standards
Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
Operates generators and fire pumps as necessary.
Provides emergency response services 24/7.
Repairs equipment (e.g., refrigeration, laundry) as necessary.
Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Sets a positive example for guest relations.Conducting Human Resources Activities
Helps train employees in safety procedures.
Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
Solicits employee feedback.
Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Equipment Maintenance - Knowledge of routine and preventative maintenance of mechanical systems including timely management of the preventative maintenance process to protect an owner's assets.
- Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Troubleshooting — Determining causes of mechanical or technological operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Repairing — Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Telecommunications — Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Purchasing and Materials Management - Knowledge of practices and procedures needed to maintain material, equipment and supplies; including vendor identification and contract negotiation, supply requisition and purchasing, and inventory control.
- Building and Construction - Project Management experience and knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings or other structures such as walkways, parking structures, and guest facilities.
- Tools and Equipment - The ability to properly and safely operate, maintain, clean, and store various types of hand/power tools, machines, and motor equipment.
- Technical Instructions/Blueprints - The ability to read and understand technical instructions, schematics, and blueprints (e.g., electrical schematics, building blueprints).
- Building and Safety Codes - Knowledge of local and Federal building and safety codes.
- Room Preventative Maintenance - Knowledge of the General Cleaning and Preventative Maintenance tasks and procedures for the property.
- Maintenance and Repair - Skill and knowledge in Maintenance and Repair including carpentry, internal surfacing, building repair, electronics, painting, and plumbing.
- Emergency Systems - Knowledge of fire prevention, air quality, and emergency power systems. This includes the ability to operate, maintain, and inspect the property’s fire prevention equipment (e.g., sprinkler system, fire alarm), air quality equipment (e.g., carbon monoxide detectors), and emergency power system.
- Hazardous Materials and Chemicals - The ability to handle and store hazardous materials and chemicals. This includes knowledge of the safety precautions required for each chemical.
- HVAC/Refrigeration - Knowledge of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning, equipment, including boilers, chillers, air handling units/controls, and refrigeration equipment. This includes the ability to inspect, repair, and maintain equipment, charge refrigeration systems, replace air filters, and clean coils.
- Indoor Air Quality Management - Knowledge of policies and procedures to ensure an effective indoor air quality process including the ability to recognize and eliminate biological contaminant sources and chemical contaminants.
- Pneumatic/Electronic Systems and Controls - Knowledge of pneumatic/electronic systems and controls in order to operate and maintain pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, as well as compressors.
- Cleaning Procedures - Knowledge of policies and procedures for cleaning and maintaining the various areas of the property (restrooms, public areas, guest rooms, kitchens, etc.). This includes the ability to clean sidewalks, walls, ceilings, vents, doors, furniture, displays, artwork, counters, partitions, toilets, sinks, light fixtures, glass, mirrors, and drains.
- Trash Handling and Removal - Knowledge of proper handling of recyclable and hazardous materials (e.g., syringes, needles, blood stains), including removing trash and recycling appropriate trash items.
- Energy - Knowledge of energy management and efficient operation of the building and associated systems including retro and continuous commissioning and demand side management. This also includes minimizing the carbon footprint and complying with applicable environmental codes.
- Safety and Personal Protective Equipment - Knowledge of the lock out tag out process and the personal protective equipment (PPE) safety process required (e.g., ear plugs, gloves, respirators, safety glasses) for a given work activity, and correct ways to use the lock out tag out and PPE equipment.
- Technology- Ability to adapt to and utilize standard computer systems and tools that support ongoing operations such as (PMnet, ADaMs, Entec, PM works).
- Financial Management- Knowledge of capital budget preparation and the ability to manage function within budget.
- Contract Negotiating- Knowledge and ability to prepare contract documents to formalize business process.
- Water Facility Maintenance and Safety - Knowledge and ability to treat and maintain water for use in primary outlets (e.g., rooms, restaurants, recreation, sewage).
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International est une entreprise qui s'engage en faveur de l'égalité professionnelle, qui veut donner à chacun sa chance et qui favorise une culture « inclusive ».
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Paris, France
- Ingeniería y Mantenimiento
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
Paris Marriott Hotel Champs-Elysées
Paris Marriott Hotel Champs-Elysees is the only 5-star hotel in Paris located directly on the Champs-Elysees. This luxury five-star hotel on the Champs-Elysees is the perfect base to explore and enjoy everything this extraordinary city has to offer. This Parisian gem of a hotel boasts 192 sumptuous guest rooms and suites, a delectable restaurant, which reflects the very best of French cuisine, and an exceptional seven-story lobby with an impressive movable glass-domed roof. Our Champs-Elysees five-star hotel is just minutes from some of the city's most elegant boutiques, such as Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton and Valentino, and classic attractions, such as Arc de Triomphe, Louvre Museum and the imposing Eiffel Tower, perched on the banks of the River Seine. Warm and welcoming service coupled with fantastic amenities makes us one of the finest 5-star hotels on Champs-Elysees in Paris. There is no better place to spend your Parisian trip than the uniquely breathtaking Paris Marriott Hotel Champs-Elysees.