Descripción de la oferta
Built in the 18th century, The Principal Edinburgh, George Street is a magnificent and historic hotel, providing an ideal base for both business and leisure in its 240 bedrooms and 8 meeting rooms.
The property has recently undergone a significant capital investment which re-established The Principal Edinburgh George Street as a leading hotel with a strong portfolio of food and drink concepts to suit a variety of needs and budgets.
This is a senior role as part of our Housekeeping team whereby your focus will be on setting, monitoring and controlling standards in all operating areas to ensure that the highest level of housekeeping and guest service is maintained at all times. You will need to ensure that maximum room availability is maintained through effective communication with our maintenance and reception departments.
It will be your responsibility to implement an effective key control system, check that equipment is in working order and report any maintenance issues throughout the hotel/venue. Any guest complaints need to be owned and resolved in a professional manner.You will also be accountable for regulating all housekeeping costs and keeping in line with the business forecasts by maximising room division profitability.
You will have previous experience in hotels; ideally already in a similar role whereby you are managing a team and in the similar sized property.
To be successful in this position, you must be able to deliver a consistent level of service under the pressure of guests’ requirements, always with a keen eye for detail. The ideal candidate will be confident, polite and welcoming at all times as well as good communication skills.
You will need to be IT literate and previous Opera experience would be a distinct advantage as would experience of using Fourth Hospitality ideally alongside a Level 3 Diploma (NVQ) in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership, Hospitality and Tourism Management and/or Hospitality Management.
You should be aware of all legislation that is relevant to your work including licensing, health and safety at work, COSSHH, environmental health and fire precautions.
- A competitive salary
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Free meals on duty
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato