Descripción de la oferta
All round waiter (011624)
Job Number: 011624
Job Title: All round waiter
Number of Positions: 2
Job Type (Employment Type): Permanent Contract
Salary Interval: Per Month
Category/Department: Food and Drink
Rank/level of position: Line Employee
Level of Education: Not Specified
Years of Experience: 1
Application Date: 10/03/2018
Preparing the set-up needed for the service
1. Assisting kitchen and service team. Setting up buffets.
2. Assisting the resetting of tables before and after service.
3. Picking-up the requisitions at the stores and store the wines appropriately.
4. Preparing the fridges and bar for service by restocking drinks, water and soft drinks.
5. Preparing the dining room for service by setting-up the table decoration and removing packaging and bottle racks from front and back of the house areas.
Maximising customer satisfaction by providing high quality service
1. Preparing and serving the aperitifs, drinks and food
2. Ensuring a fast, efficient and professional service for the guest.
3. Cleaning up the service areas to ensure fast and efficient service.
Cleaning up after service and ensuring optimal conditions for the next service
1. Clearing, polishing and storing all tableware appropriately.
2. Cleaning the service areas and back of the house areas and ensuring they are ready for the next service.
3. Removing and storing all clean and dirty linen according to the procedures established by the Housekeeping Department.
4. Cleaning the coffee machines and the Micros Device.
5. Polishing all glasses, plates and cutlery.
6. Storing silverware, plates, glasses and cutlery.
Providing efficient, prompt, courteous, trouble-free and proactive service to customers and colleagues, hence maximizing guest satisfaction
1. Taking prompt, corrective action when necessary.
2. Ensuring guest satisfaction by attending to requests courteously and efficiently and promoting a guest oriented attitude within the department.
3. Keeping informed about hotel facilities and nearby sights of interest and importance including but not limited to hospitals, transportation means and tourist sights.
Responsibilities & activities
Performing all tasks according to departmental guidelines, the departmental business plan and the Park Inn By Radisson corporate guidelines and service concepts
1. Performing all tasks according to departmental guidelines and procedures.
2. Maintaining working areas, materials and company equipments clean, tidy and in good shape.
3. Ensuring tools and equipment made available by the hotel are used in accordance with their user manual and they are in perfect working order at all times.
4. Knowing, understanding and being able to apply the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb-threat procedures.
5. Following all applicable laws and regulations in regards to health, safety and guest and employee security.
6. Knowing and being able to act in accordance with the Park Inn By Radisson Service concepts within the department.
7. Performing according to the highest standards in terms of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.
8. Keeping informed on hotel standards of operation and departmental procedures
9. Attending meetings as required by the Department Head.
10. Attending training sessions as required by the Department Head.
11. Keeping the highest level of confidentiality on staff, business and guest information.
12. Keeping the highest level of confidentiality on sensitive information seen or heard.
13. Expressing opinions and making recommendations when observing an opportunity to improve service standards, reduce costs or increase revenues.
14. Informing the Restaurant Manager or Manager on Duty of any abnormal situations observed or reported by staff members or guests.
Performing all activities in ways that are consistent with the Responsible Business principles of operation
1. Optimally using and reusing printed service documents.
2. Separating waste in different containers and easing recycling procedures.
3. Minimizing damage by handling linen with care.
Position Requirements and Offer Details
Skills: in addition to technical competencies, following skills are important:
1. Confident use of Micros tools
2. Previous service experience
3. Abilities in tray usage.
4. Customer oriented
5. Good communication skills
6. Commercial orientation
7. Up-selling and cross-selling skills
8. Fluent English knowledge
9. Fluent Dutch knowledge
10. Fluent French knowledge
Attitude: in addition to basic grooming rules, the following traits of attitude are important:
1. Acceptance of leadership
2. customer orientation
4. Resistance to stress
6. Attention to details
7. Friendliness (colleagues & clients)
8. Quality orientation
9. Cooperation and team work
10. Willingness to learn and evolve
11. Maintaining calm under pressure
12. Acceptance of leadership
Hotel or Business Details
The new hotel Park Inn by Radisson Brussels Airport opened its doors in Q1 of 2017.
The hotel has 162 stylish guest rooms, a RBG restaurant and 9 elegant and well equipped meeting rooms.
As it is in the name, the hotel is closely located to Brussels Airport and has a great accessibility to all other major cities in Belgium.
Joining the team of Park Inn by Radisson Brussels Airport is the unique opportunity to experience a HAPPY WORK PLACE!
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Brussels, Belgium
- Alimentos & Bebidas Otros
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato