Descripción de la oferta
Salary - up to £36,000 pa
Schedule - Full Time
Experience - 1 year in a quality restaurant
Sabor are seeking a Sous Chef to join their team. The successful candidate will be friendly, personable and passionate about all thing’s food and drink. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Sous Chef looking for an opportunity in an award winning, critically acclaimed group.
Founded by Nieves Barragan and José Etura, Sabor (meaning flavour in Spanish) takes you on a journey from the tapas bars of Andalucía, through to the asadors of Castile and the seafood restaurants of Galicia. Sabor focuses on capturing the flavour of Spain as well as showcasing the use of traditional ingredients and cooking methods, and a relaxed approach to dining. The quality of the produce our kitchen enjoys is unparalleled. Upstairs in the Asador, whole suckling pigs are cooked in the wood-fired oven, and octopus are simmered in giant copper pots. Downstairs in the restaurant, a seafood counter sits next to dining bar, where guests can oversee the kitchen in full service. Sabor was awarded a coveted Michelin Star in 2018
As Sous Chef, you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of consistent, high quality and innovative dishes throughout the operation. You will play a key role in menu development, working closely with the Head Chef; you will assist in managing the overall kitchen operation, including prep schedules, stock control, budgeting and maintenance, as well as the day to day management of the kitchen team.
If you have the following, then we want to hear from you:
- Previous experience as a Sous Chef or Junior Sous Chef in a high quality Restaurant;
- Strong awareness of trends and seasonality of produce;
- A highly creative approach to your work with excellent attention to detail;
- Proven ability to manage, train and motivate a Kitchen brigade;
- Experience scheduling and reviewing staff rotas;
- A working knowledge of health and safety, compliance and procedures;
This is a very exciting opportunity not to be missed for a talented Sous Chef eager to join a restaurant group with ambitious plans.
- 50% off dining across JKS Restaurants;
- A personalised learning and development plan to develop your skills and knowledge;
- Career progression within a fast-growing, critically-acclaimed restaurant group;
- A supportive, people-focussed culture;
- Free meals on duty;
- Employee referral bonus;
- Discounted gym membership;
- Employee of the Month and Long Service awards;
- 28 days' holiday per year;
- Great staff parties.
JKS Restaurants’ portfolio currently includes Michelin Star-awarded restaurants, Trishna, Gymkhana, Kitchen Table, Sabor and Lyle’s; as well as Hoppers, BAO, Brigadiers, Berenjak, Motu and Flor. There are ambitious plans for growth, with the opening of further restaurants across all ends of the market and types of cuisine, both imminently and over the coming years, making this is a very exciting time to join the team.