Descripción de la oferta
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
With creativity, personal commitment and an emotional sense of true hospitality, make the most positive impact on guest experiences in the Restaurant through consistent application of Shangri-La’s core practices at all points of guest contact; maximizing Colleague, Guest and Owner satisfaction.
- With high integrity, ensure that guests experience the highest quality 5 diamond/5 star culinary standards.
- Interact with colleagues as internal customers, strategic partners in delivering Shangri-La hospitality from caring people according to brand service deliverables.
- Demonstrate creativity, personal commitment to service excellence and an emotional sense of gracious hospitality.
- As a true service Ambassador, meet service expectations proactively, promptly, professionally, with genuine care to attention, detail and efficiency.
- Actively demonstrate teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, standards and core practices.
- As part of the Food & Beverage team, ensures quality service to guests with emphasis on cleanliness, efficiency, accuracy, professionalism and courtesy at all times.
- Provide engaging and anticipatory service that demonstrates our Shangri-La service “straight from the heart”.
- Ability to remain calm, positive and focused while multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
- Must work well under pressure, possess a sense of urgency and have the ability to offer menu recommendations.
- Remove soiled dishes, linen, silverware and restore/replenish settings.
- Maintain positive internal and external relationships, familiarity with local venues, attractions, restaurants, events, and Shangri-La hospitality standards.
- Monitor and ensure smooth operations of appointed section, check for quality and cleanliness to designated F&B standards for all items.
- Participate in opening/closing, setups and breakdowns and ensure overall room ambiance, cleanliness, appropriate setting and presentation.
- Apply the necessary precautions with regards to food safety and hygiene standards.
- Undertake other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Functional knowledge – Passion for food and strives to exceed expectations for service excellence with demonstrated understanding of refined dining, beverage and service standards commensurate of the leading hotels in the world.
- Customer Service Excellence – Exceptional service style, genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble.
- Internal Service – appreciation that ‘internal customers’ (i.e. Cooks) are considered strategic partners.
- Communication – Excellent communication and social skills, 100% fluency in English with impeccable standards of hygiene and grooming.
- Safety Focus – Demonstrates safe work practices and looks for ways to minimize workplace injuries
- Decision making- Able to prioritize, making prompt and reasonable decisions.
- Problem solving –Adept at juggling multiple needs, calmly, respectfully, creatively and successfully resolve problems, as required.
- Emotional maturity – Interacts with others in a respectful manner, with demonstrated qualities of sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfills responsibilities with highest integrity.
- Technology proficiency– Operates and maintains all departmental equipment, fully competent with POS.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon
- Previous luxury level service knowledge and training an asset.
- Minimum 2 years previous work experience in a similar capacity within a breakfast and/or lunch venue.
- Luxury level service knowledge and training an asset.
- Valid Smart Serve certification.
- Flexible in scheduled shifts, including early morning start times, weekdays, weekends and or holidays.
- Previous knowledge, training or experience as a Barista is an asset.
- College diploma or University degree from a Hospitality related program an asset
- Must be in possession of valid Canadian work permit to be eligible to be considered
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Downtown, Toronto, Canada
- Alimentos & Bebidas Otros
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato