Descripción de la oferta
Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd.
The Shangri-La Group is a global leader in luxury hospitality with unique Asian heritage. We manage over 100 hotels and resorts under four brands located in 76 destinations. In recent years we have diversified beyond hospitality into mixed-use development such as retail mails, offices, residences, fitness centres, spas and we have over 550 F&B outlets worldwide. From our strong base in Asia, the Group has ambitious plans to grow even faster and further.
The company has a strong CSR culture as evident from the many CSR initiatives running on property. At the same time, it is recognised that CSR & Sustainability has the potential to be a strategic differentiator for the company.
This is a key role as the individual will be responsible for leading the CSR & Sustainability strategy and development across Shangri-La’s global operations. It is also a critical role as it will help enhance the Group’s reputation and leadership position by aligning strategic business goals with key stakeholders e.g. communities, NGOs, government bodies to build shared value and to drive positive impact for both business and the community.
He/she will help set policies, guidelines to standardize all sustainability and CSR practices under Shangri-La’s social responsibility programmes and to tie in with our business and brand goals. More importantly, he/she will help ensure greater alignment with global practices and to anticipate issues and trends that could impact operations. He/She will look at how sustainability and CSR can be further integrated across the entire supply value to bring a consistent and holistic approach and mindset across the enterprise.
The role reports to the Chief Corporate and HR Office and SVP Corporate Communications and is responsible for a team of CSR and Sustainability Managers in the field.
How you’ll contribute to the team:
- Lead the strategy and implementation of Shangri-La’s Sustainability and CSR programme in all hotels and properties within the Group.
- Develop and improve on the Group’s Sustainability & CSR policies and lead its implementation and ensure effectiveness of the initiatives;
- Help grow the CSR programmes to support employee engagement and to strengthen the employee value proposition
- Work with the properties to develop and meet the Group’s CSR Balance Scorecard
- Provide training and support on internal and external engagement for capacity development and industry networking.
- Measure, evaluate and monitor all properties’ performance on environment, social and governance (ESG) issues
- Help position Shangri-La as a leader in areas of diversity, corporate governance, stewardship and conservation and employee engagement.
- Develop materials for communication of CSR initiatives to all internal and external audiences ensuring message consistency across the company. This includes writing/editing materials via the company intranet and corporate website and social media channels
- Develop, analyse and evaluate the impact, resource requirements, and cost/benefit of existing/new programmes
What you will need to be considered:
- At least 15 years of proven track record/experience in communications, corporate social responsibility roles at a management level
- Evident leadership skills or a passion for conscious leadership and social change.
- Well established relationships with NGOs, international bodies, government agencies.
- Excellent overall communication skills - written/oral and presentation skills and influencing skills
- Experience in Environment/ Sustainability reporting is preferred
- Experience and understanding of sustainability benchmark standards for reporting, certification
- Strong working experience in China and Asia.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Hong Kong
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato