Descripción de la oferta
Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa
Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Nestled in between the dramatic backdrop of rugged mountains and the pristine waters of the Sea of Oman, Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort and Spa is set on 124 acres of stunning scenery and home to three spectacular hotels: the family orientated Al Waha comprises 262 rooms, the diverse Al Bandar comprises 198 deluxe rooms and the luxurious and most exclusive Al Husn has 180 elegantly appointed guestrooms and suites. The resort also features 22 Food and Beverage outlets, 1,056 sqm ballroom with 8 breakout rooms, wide variety of recreational facilities, and a spa with 12 treatment villas.
The incumbent in the role Plans, directs, control, co-ordinates and participates in all communication activities, with emphasis on the PR aspect of the communication mix, which remains critical to this role. Under the general guidance and supervision of the DOSM and within the limits of established hotel policies and procedures, promotes and maintains good communications in order to enhance the prestigious image of the hotel and by doing so contributes to the revenues of the hotel.
As a Director of Communications, we rely on you to
Develop Communications Plan:
- Develop an annual communications plan with specific goals and budgets as outlined in the hotel’s marketing plan/communications manual. Prepare working plans to achieve goals and ensures the communications team is fully briefed on goals and progress.
- Compare actual achievements against goals on a regular basic and takes corrective action.
- Assist the Director of Sales & Marketing in the planning of all mailing activities, and oversee their execution.
- Oversee all aspects of PR & monthly communications report.
- Act as official spokesperson for the hotel when appropriate and respond to all media request within 24 hours.
- Prepare press releases for appropriate targeted media, locally, regionally and internationally.
- Work with the Director of Sales & Marketing and advertising agency on the rooms and food & beverage tactical advertising campaigns’ creative and media plans.
- Maximize advertising budget by ensuring that the Hotel’s creative message and media activities are consistent with the advertising of sister hotel and Shangri-La group advertising.
- Ensure that the advertising creative is in synergy with the Shangri-La Group, projecting a consistent and quality message.
- Be pro-active in the conceptual planning of DM activities, and oversee their execution.
- Take an integrated approach to DM activities, ensuring a consistent and quality image is projected.
- Monitor and review the response rates on the DM to improve and take corrective measures.
- Coordinate and execute production of all printed materials, with assistance of advertising agencies, following the specifications stipulated in the corporate ID manual.
- Ensure Hotel information is updated regularly on all related websites.
- Supervise the production and quality of all displays and temporary signage in Hotel public areas.
- Assist Director of Sales & Marketing to establish yearly budget and planning of actions and follow up
- Work with Regional Director of Digital Marketing in the strategies and monitoring for PPC, Re-targeting, and Prospecting Campaigns
- Work with DORM and DOSM to identify target markets and segments and date of launch for offers according to heat map
- Analyse Global campaign ROI
- Supervision of monthly Social media calendar for all social media including posts on FB, Twitter, Google and Instagram
- Launch regular FB / Instagram contests to promote hotel outlets
What we are looking for
- Degree in Business Management / Media / Communications
- Overall Exeperience of 8 Years and at least 1 year as Director of Communications with leading brands
- Excellent English Communication Skills
- Content wrting & editing skills
- Computer Skills - MS Office. Additonal Multimedia skills would be an advantage
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Marketing y Ventas
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato