Descripción de la oferta
Barista – Ludlow House
Reports to: Coffee Quality Control Manager – North America
Customary hours: 35-40 hours per week
Availability required: Full time
Reporting to the Coffee Quality Control Manager, the Barista will manage, maintain and run the coffee operations of site in line with the Group Coffee Development Strategy. Delivering outstanding customer service they will posses superb attention to detail, efficiency, quality and product knowledge. Responsible for quality control across all site coffee offerings, including in-house training, they will instill and maintain passion for Specialty Coffee in staff and customers alike. Upon successful completion of probation period and relevant training courses the Lead Barista will become the Head Barista.
Duties & Responsibilities
Ensure barista and bar staff are aware of all opening and closing procedures and amend procedures where necessary. Control and maintain the standards of Soho House & Co. baristas ensuring that:
• Drinks are consistent.
• Service is fun, friendly and efficient. Excellent customer service is a fundamental part of the Soho House & Co. ethos.
• Staff maintains a clean and functioning bar ensuring coffee and bar are working together as a team.
• Happily assist staff from other departments when requested and where able.
• Stay informed and educated on industry trends and developments.
• Develop offering in – house to give members a memorable coffee experience.
• Represent Soho House & Co. and its interests in the best possible light including holding monthly events to promote coffee culture.
Control Coffee/ Retail Stock & Equipment:
• Maintaining adequate equipment levels
• Ensure Site FOH staff and EPOS tills are regularly updated all new offers, taste notes and profiles.
Quality Control in Operations:
• Ensure consistency in all facets of coffee service and production across all Soho House & Co. bars.
• Give constructive feedback to Head of Coffee Development and Coffee Roasters staff on all areas of coffee offer.
• Be matrix managed by the House General Manager to ensure that all key coffee operations fit with the general running of the House.
• Liaise with Bar Manager to make sure all bars always have the right team on for every shift and to ensure coffee consistency.
• Offer onsite training to bar staff to ensure consistency of product.
• Provide machine audits and carry out weekly and monthly maintenance according to schedule agreed with Coffee Quality Control Manager.
• Demonstrable understanding coffee production theory principles.
• Excellent multi-tasking, prioritisation and organisation.
• Ability to work efficiently, diligently, and cheerfully with a variety of co-workers – managing quality and workflow in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to pass on knowledge of Specialty Coffee to all staff members.
• Experience of managing stock levels and working with external suppliers.
• Proven attention to detail.
• Experience delivering barista training.
• Presenting to restaurant staff.
• Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
• Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
• Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
• Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 40 pounds.
• Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.