Descripción de la oferta
Swindon is a thriving town which has seen a lot of investment in recent years. It has an economy ranking amongst the top 5 UK cities for performance – but without the price tag of larger cities. Located in the heart of the breath-taking Wiltshire countryside, Swindon has become a popular destination for business and leisure visitors alike. The Swindon Marriott Hotel caters for this mix of travellers by providing modern, state of the art facilities with a personal and friendly service.
With its great transport links and ideal location near the hustle and bustle of the historic Old Town area, it’s no wonder that the Swindon Marriott has become a leading hotel in the local area and an outstanding example of the Marriott Hotels brand.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Leisure Club for a Leisure Club Attendant to join our team! The role is a part time position of 20 hours a week.
To successfully fill this role, you will ideally possess and demonstrate the following qualifications, behaviours, skills and values:
Previous experience of working in a leisure facility
Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
Pro-active and reliable
Able to provide training to a varied group
Physically fit, with excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness
Education or Certification
Good level of English essential
Duties and responsibilities:
- To ensure that the fitness equipment, fabric, furniture and fittings are maintained in an operational, clean and tidy condition at all times.
- To undertake fitness testing and operate programming of fitness room users, guests etc.
- To undertake some cleaning tasks within the Leisure Club when required
- To maintain tidiness in all Club areas and to maintain a tidy, safe and clean appearance of the Club and ancillary areas.
- To assist with general duties in the Club, to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- To assist with reception duties that include membership application, sales of retail stock, ensuring class booking sheets are up to date and available for at least 3 weeks in advanced, cashing up and general cleaning and tiding of the reception area.
- To ensure that fitness knowledge is to an acceptable standard
- To ensure that qualifications are updated and/or Gym Manager made aware of expire dates/training needs
- To maintain and support operational procedures set by Leisure Supervisor
- To ensure that personal appearance and company/hotel grooming standards are complied with at all times.
What’s in it for me?
Giving associates opportunities to grow and succeed is part of the company’s DNA. As a company we offer unrivalled career and professional development opportunities.
Some of the fantastic benefits you would be entitled to if you joined Marriott International include:
- Meals on Duty
- Discounted Marriott hotel rates and Food & Beverage
- Earn up to £150 for recommending a friend to work for us
- Reward & Recognition programmes
Apply now to Start your Journey!
is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and
sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate
on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal,
state or local laws.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo parcial
- Swindon, United Kingdom
- Spa y Bienestar
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato