Descripción de la oferta
Be Bold, Be Inspired, Be You
Swissôtel Chicago is a luxury 4 star/4 diamond hotel with 661 rooms and suites located in the heart of downtown Chicago. Inspired by our brand pillar, Vitality, our Swissôtel Chicago family is united by a common vision to re-engage, re-inspire and re-vitalize our commitment to delivering quality service, building quality relationships and living quality lives.
At Swissôtel Chicago, we put the emphasis on our people. We are extremely proud of our Vitality initiatives and offer a variety of wellness programs for our Colleagues, who – in turn – aspire to bring quality of life into our guests’ lives. Our goal is to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts talented individuals who wish to develop their careers within a culture that values creativity and innovation in order to execute winning results aligned with our Vitality vision.
Guest Service Agent
Scope of Position:
Serve as a “one stop shop” for handling and communication of all guest needs including making reservations, answering incoming calls through hotel switchboard, answering calls from internal guests, seeing guest requests/complaints through to fruition and dispatching and following up on guest service calls. Adeptly serve as central communications center for Hotel and perform in accordance with corporate/hotel standards and emergency procedures.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Guest Service Manager, the Guest Service Agent’s responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Resolve and recover guest needs/complaints with passion and urgency
- Perform efficient and proper telephone techniques in accordance with Swissôtel policies and procedures
- Utilize effective sales tactics to book reservations for the Hotel
- Accurately input reservations and enter related information into the Property Management System (PMS)
- Contribute to the success of departmental operational standards such as abandonment, conversion ratio, talk time and QTI
- Efficiently reserve room types in order to maximize revenue and minimize over selling
- Follow hotel guidelines to ensure guest and colleague safety and security. Be the central point of communications in the hotel during an emergency situation. Report all suspicious activity to hotel Security immediately.
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, provide information, take messages and schedule appointments.
- Answer all incoming phone calls and direct to their final destination with a pleasant attitude, a smile in your voice, and according to standard
- Hear and resolve complaints from customers and public.
- Dispatch service calls to appropriate colleagues and follow up to ensure completion
- Assist with guest requests
- Input and log detailed written information into appropriate systems utilizing proper and professional verbiage
- Properly manage wake up calls
- Record guest messages
- File and maintain records
- Transmit and communicate information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Analyze data to determine answers to questions from customers or members of the public.
- Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided
- Perform other duties assigned by his/her supervisor
We are looking for a well-organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is passionate about creating heartfelt experiences and working in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
Education & Experience
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- 2 years of previous sales/reservations experience preferred
- Customer Service Experience required
- Basic computer skills and Microsoft Office knowledge required
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Possessing a natural sales aptitude and ability to influence others
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word
- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanour toward others
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Aptitude to learn operation of hotel switchboard
- Aptitude to learn hotel property management system (Opera); prior experience with Opera preferred
Physical Aspects of Position: Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Occasional standing
- Constant walking and sitting
- Occasional squatting, kneeling or bending
- Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs
- Occasional pushing/pulling up to 25 lbs
- Constant handling/fingering and reaching outward.
About Swissôtel Chicago's Community Outreach
Our colleagues are passionate about connecting to the world and to others. We extend this passion to our Chicago community through our partnership with SOS Children’s Villages Illinois, a family focused organization that strengthens broken families, brings education and provides a safe and positive environment for underprivileged children. What started as a fundraising campaign quickly evolved into a heart campaign, giving hope to children, who were once less-fortunate, and showing them that we are dedicated to providing a brighter future.
Famous for blues, jazz, comedy, shopping, and dining - Chicago is situated in the hub of the Midwest. Our picturesque skyline ascends the waters of huge Lake Michigan – a first impression that soon reveals world-class museums of art and science, miles of sandy beaches, huge parks and public art and perhaps the finest downtown collection of architecture in the world.
About Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts got its start in Switzerland, a country known for big mountains and equally high standards of living. Its contemporary Swiss style and locally inspired flair attracts business and leisure travelers who enjoy high-end hotels but prefer fresh innovation to stale pretension. Conveniently located where travelers want to be, Swissôtel provides guests with the opportunity to stay in the heart of city centers worldwide where access to business and shopping districts are right around the corner. Swissôtel properties can be found in over 30 well-located properties around the world, with many more in development.
As guests of the world, every Swissôtel upholds Swiss sustainability standards. In fact, Swissôtel has a mission: to treat guests, team members, and the environment with equal respect. Swissôtel is now part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel & lifestyle group and digital innovator offering unique experiences in more than 4,000 hotels, resorts and residences around the globe. But no matter how international Swissôtel becomes, just like the country it was founded in, it remains a small hotel at heart.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Chicago Loop, Chicago, IL, United States
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato