Descripción de la oferta
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for ensuring smooth operation and maintenance of engineering division controls with the highest level of guest service.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is a glorious landmark that captures the hearts and imaginations of all who visit. Reigning from her prestigious address on Georgia Street at the center of the city, this Castle in the Heart of Vancouver is surrounded by a diverse arts community of galleries and theatres, a thriving shopping district, exhilarating nightlife and world class cuisine. Join our team and welcome our guests to extraordinary experiences at their home away from home.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Completion of all assigned Preventative Maintenance Work Orders and Daily Work Orders in a timely and efficient manner. Will also take daily readings during their shift of the Boiler house, Chiller Plant, Water Entry Room, etc.
- Perform all duties of Maintenance Engineer and covers same as required
- Oversee all of the mechanical/electrical facilities of the hotel
- In conjunction with Fairmont standards and the owner’s requirements, monitor the hotel’s energy management goals
- Assist the Preventive Maintenance program for the base building facilities, guestrooms, public areas, staff areas, safety systems, food and beverage, banquets and common areas
- Work closely with the Rooms Division teams, and all hotel departments to improve service delivery and efficiency
- Ensuring a prompt response and follow-up to all requests by guests and employees, with a drive to not only “fix” the problem but implement changes to prevent re-occurrence
- Support the Engineering Department Health & Safety program
- Actively participate and promote the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver vision, environmental program and sustainable operations
- Work closely with the Chief Engineer and inter-departmental liaison Engineer to help oversee the successful completion of projects and renovations
- Comply with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts policies, procedures and code of ethics
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Uphold the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience as a Maintenance Engineer preferred
- Level 4 Power Engineer Certificate required
- Knowledgeable in all regulations such as building codes, fire and health department requirements
- Knowledge of energy management and digital control systems
- Pool operator’s certificate and experience in pool maintenance and pool chemistry a definite asset
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be physically fit and well groomed
- Must be a self-starter and motivator
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, rotating shifts, overnights and evenings, extended hours and be available for emergencies
- Previous hotel work experience is an asset
- Knowledge of word processing applications, spread-sheeting applications, industry related software applications and e-mail applications
- Highly organized results oriented and excellent trouble shooting skills
- Able to maintain a positive and objective outlook in challenging situation
- Ability to lead by example while displaying a high standard of performance
- Other trade qualifications, carpentry, swimming pool maintenance and experience with building automation systems would be an asset
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including AM, PM, and overnights
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Downtown, Vancouver, Canada
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible