Descripción de la oferta
Creating an engaging work environment for Colleagues of the Fairmont San Jose is as important as turning moments into memories for our guests. The standards and values you model as an Executive Chef will inspire your team - not only to ensure exceptional culinary service, but also to grow their careers with Fairmont.
Hotel Overview: A fixture in the heart of Silicon Valley since 1987, The Fairmont San Jose delivers an irresistible blend of innovation and elegance. With the meteoric growth of the computer industry, Silicon Valley has become one of the world's busiest hubs, and the capital of this high-tech mecca is San Jose. The Fairmont San Jose hotel combines technological innovation with timeless elegance.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Operations, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Oversee daily operations of the Kitchen department, including the following culinary areas: Banquets, Outlets, In Room Dining, Staff Cafeteria and Stewarding
- Responsible for the execution of the hotel's Strategic Plan as it relates to all culinary areas;
- Role models our service promises and ensures all reporting departments have a keen focus on delivery of our service essentials;
- Develop and prepare menus suitable to each of the aforementioned areas, balancing creativity and guest requests while ensuring leading edge presentation and food quality;
- Maintain food and beverage standards through the use of standardized food recipes and safe food handling practices;
- Optimize the profitability levels through consistent monitoring of inventory levels, food cost controls and the strategic and innovative promotional initiatives and regular assessment of the food product versus value perceived;
- Prepare weekly schedules, ensuring productivity levels are maximized through the effective utilization of all colleagues and providing hands on support as required
- Responsible for maintaining staffing levels through proactive recruiting;
- Ensure that performance management and colleague training/development occurs in a timely and consistent manger;
- Active involvement in the development and implementation of kitchen & restaurant capital projects
- Participate in the weekly operational meetings, including the Banquet Event review;
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls and seek innovative ways to improve performance regularly;
- Oversee the menu creation of our staff restaurant to ensure the highest quality of product for our internal customers;
- Guide and manage the Stewarding department with the assistance of the Executive Steward;
- Promote teamwork within the Kitchen department and maintain strong working relationships with all supporting departments;
- Participate in media and community opportunities to showcase food and beverage products and promote the hotel as well as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts;
- Attend Fairmont Culinary conferences and ensure participation in company training programs and initiatives;
- Ensure all municipal and state laws regarding hygiene and security are respected, as well as ensuring that colleagues adhere to all health and safety requirements;
- Personally respond to food-related feedback and ensure proper processes and reports are produced
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is in good working order and is properly maintained;
- Actively participates in the hotel's Department Head and Food & Beverage meetings, holds regular departmental communication meetings and supports participation of colleagues in the various hotel committees
•Previous experience is required •Proven leadership and managerial skills supporting an environment of colleague growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service;•Current on all culinary trends and active in the furthering of his/her own culinary development•Extremely creative with strong service skills and demonstrated ability to energize a diverse team of culinary professionals;•Proven financial planning skills with the ability to analyze date and trends and implement strategies for improvement;•Fully supportive of and cognizant of all Corporate programs, including Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Food & Beverage;•Experience and comfort with television and other media promotional venues;•Computer literate;
Visa Requirements: Applicant must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont San Jose is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Central San Jose, San Jose, CA, United States
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible