Descripción de la oferta
First impressions are everything! Your engaging voice and personality are the essence of a great Switchboard Operator with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. As you personally greet our Guests and assist them throughout the day, you will be empowered to deliver on our mission of "Turning moments into memories for our guests".
Reigning from Bermuda's highest point, over a majestic 100 acre estate, The Fairmont Southampton is located on the southern shore of Bermuda. The Fairmont Southampton has been the island's premier luxury resort since its opening in 1972 and is regarded as a leader in the hospitality industry on the island.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Chief Switchboard Operator, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Answering telephone promptly and accurately directing and transferring calls accordingly
- Recording and distributing messages per established procedures
- Providing accurate information and providing assistance regarding hotel
- Alerting relevant department(s) regarding fire alarms in accordance with established protocols
- Programming wake up calls for guests
- Organizing childcare services for guests
- Ensuring adequate inventory of supplies and relevant current information is available during shift
- Reporting unusual situations to the Supervisor
- High School Diploma an asset
- 1 – 2 years previous relevant experience preferably managing a substantial volume of calls
- Exceptional interpersonal, multi-tasking, organization, prioritization, problem-solving and team skills
- Proven record as a professional with an excellent work ethic
- Ability to learn
- Basic computer skills, a working knowledge of Outlook in particular and the ability to learn new systems and applications
Physical Aspects of Position:
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Only applicants who are Bermudian, a Spouse of Bermudian or hold a Permanent Resident's Certificate are eligible for this position.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Southampton Parish, Bermuda
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible