Descripción de la oferta
Conference Services Manager
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our engaging service and delicious cuisine make every special event a truly memorable affair, both within our distinctive surroundings and off-site. Be an ambassador for our exceptional offerings as Conference Services Manager, where you will liaise between multiple departments to meet the needs – and exceed the expectations – of your clients.
Located in Washington's fashionable West End, Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown surrounds you with comfort and luxury. The perfect hotel for either business or leisure travel, Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown offers spacious guestrooms and the brilliant colors of nature found in the hotel's central garden courtyard, reflecting these tones throughout the property.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Conference Services, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Confirm all event related information with clients
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients, prior to, during and post conference, encouraging repeat business
- Organize convention bookings from date of booking to departure, including meeting requirements, guest room requirements, guest room pickup, food & beverage and audio visual
- Create floor plans for each event to ensure banquets and clients are in agreement prior to set up
- Initiate billing procedures, ensuring any deposits and/or credit applications are received with adequate information and within an acceptable time frame
- Conduct pre-conference meetings with clients and pertinent departments to confirm all relevant details are communicated
- Conduct and/or attend daily meeting to review event contracts and ensure last minute changes are communicated with appropriate departments
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience within a similar role required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- 2 years Catering/Conference Services experience required
Visa Requirements: Must be able to provide or obtain work authorization in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Northwest Washington, Washington, DC, United States
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato