Descripción de la oferta
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at - firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, YTL Hotels. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Primary point-of-contact for all group arrivals booked into the hotel- including client arrival.
- Conversion of all confirmed groups post-contract stage. Encompassing:
- Input of rooming lists
- Collate group pre-arrival documentation and itineraries.
- Process all deposits and payments.
- Manage inventory and group booking block to ensure fully up-to-date.
- Post-group follow-up.
- Handle group accommodation-site inspections on property.
- Management of residential conferences-including all meeting space aspects.
- Holiday / day-off cover for on-property Events Co-Ordinator.
- Champion to drive-on-property sales mind set by driving initiatives to bring forward sales leads and opportunities.
- Any other tasks deemed necessary by management.
- Comply with the company corporate code of conduct at all times
- Familiarise yourself with the company vision and values which link to our model of desired behaviours that we expect all employees to display
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
- Have the desire and ability to improve your knowledge through ongoing training
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints cultures and countries
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests, understand and anticipate guests needs and take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Previous hotel and administrative experience, whether in a junior sales, event, reservations or receptionist role
- Strong presentational and influencing skills
- Able to ensure that visions and strategies are translated into specific deliverables in order to get results. Planning and prioritising skills are essential.
- Knowledge of Marriott systems and Opera is a definite advantage
- All staff must be conversant with the safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures and to adhere to them. They must understand their H&S responsibilities. They must take reasonable steps to ensure their own health and safety, and that of anyone else who may be affected by their actions. Any accident, hazard, incident, event or issue is to be reported to supervisor/manager for recording and for investigation thus permitting further control measures to be implemented. Any safety issues that cannot be dealt with are referred to a senior manager for action. Ensure that they and any of their staff are trained in their working activities and informed of health and safety procedures to ensure competency. Any identified training is duly completed. They should inform their manager/supervisor of any event / activity which they are not trained to deal with. When the fire alarm goes, you have some responsibility to help others in the area you are working.
- Direct people to come with you as you leave by the nearest exit and ensure that they and others move away from the building.
- In line with the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK, without restrictions. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from all candidates. Due to the nature of this role we are only accepting applicants who are able to work unrestricted
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Administración y Gestión
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato