Descripción de la oferta
A Laundry Manager at The Roosevelt Directs laundry and/or uniform staff to ensure a constant supply of clean, quality linens and/or uniforms for the hotel in accordance with hotel, corporate and Department of Health standards. Interviews, trains, supervises, counsels, schedules and evaluates staff. Ensures laundry facility and equipment are in optimum operating condition and in full compliance with OSHA requirements and guidelines. Manages departmental financial processes of forecasting, budgeting, purchasing, payroll and inventory control.
This luxe Waldorf Astoria property in a grand 1863 building is a 1-block walk from Bourbon Street and a 4-minute walk from Harrah''s Casino. The Roosevelt Hotel has 504 plus guest rooms/suites and is home to over 420 full time team members.
Plush rooms and suites have traditional decor, 42-inch flat-screen TVs and Wi-Fi. Some rooms have separate seating areas, bay windows, and bathrooms with TVs or claw-foot tubs. Room service is offered.
There''s an upscale restaurant serving Italian cuisine, a sophisticated lounge offering a full raw bar, a cafe, and the historic Sazerac Bar. The rooftop pool has a hot tub, loungers, cabanas and a bar offering light meals. There''s also a fitness center and a full-service spa.
What will I be doing?
- Supervise the timely pickup, cleaning, pressing, and delivery of hotel linen and uniforms, and guest clothing to meet business plan goals and objectives. Ensure that quality standards are achieved in production and presentation of all garments
- Maintain adequate supply of clean linen for guest rooms and F&B outlets by monitoring inventory levels, anticipating demands, controlling production, and maintaining necessary chemicals and supplies. Conduct periodic linen inventories to maintain par stock levels.
- Supervise and support staff engaged in cleaning, pressing and delivery activities. Convey standards of performance and utilize performance management techniques to fully maximize employee productivity, development, motivation, and disciplinary procedures when required.
- Receive, investigate and follow-up on all customer complaints. Formulate and authorize appropriate solutions to promote guest satisfaction.
- Inspect facilities and equipment to ensure operating conditions are at acceptable levels. Identify needed improvements and repairs, and ensure proper maintenance of equipment through preventive maintenance programs in conjunction with the Engineering Department.
- Demonstrate commitment to making a conscientious effort to eliminate or reduce the risk of injury to our guests and associates, damage to our property or the property of others. Know the correct action to take in the event of an emergency, and demonstrate this knowledge by acting appropriately in the event of an emergency. Lead by example by ensuring that subordinate Associates receive the appropriate or required safety- and security-related training, and strictly enforce safety- and security-related procedures within the department.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Central Business District, New Orleans, LA, United States
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible