Descripción de la oferta
The Hotel’s location is ideal for attracting business, with pedestrian links to Southbank and the rapidly developing Docklands precinct. The W Melbourne is easily accessible with the new Super Tram stop immediately adjacent to the hotel on Collins Street and within walking distance to Flinders Street and Southern Cross train stations.
The W Melbourne is within close proximity to several of Melbourne’s top demand drivers and attractions including Federation Square, Etihad Stadium, Southbank entertainment promenade and Crown Entertainment Complex. The surrounding area provides corporate, retail and restaurant use and a host of residential apartments.
The W Melbourne will be well positioned to capture both corporate and leisure travelers to Melbourne. The hotel will have 294 Keys, 3 Food and Beverage venues and 1,237 (SM) of function space. Scheduled to open in December 2019.
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Manages all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Property Operations and Engineering Budgets
• Supervises Engineering in the absence of the Director of Engineering.
• Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
• Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
• Establishes and manages an effective rooms maintenance program.
• Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies, standards and procedures.
• Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Select and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
• Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
• Recommend or arrange for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
• Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance needs.
• Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives, awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary performance.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Supervises employee's ability to execute departmental and property emergency procedures.
• Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Solicits employee feedback.
• Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Tipo de oferta de empleo
- A tiempo completo
- Victoria, Australia
- Ingeniería y Mantenimiento
- Fecha de incorporación
- Lo antes posible
- Duración del contrato