Descripción de la oferta
W Melbourne is the rebel between the streets, taking its design cues from Australia’s cultural capital and providing the back-lane entrance keys to what’s New/Next in the city. Extending the laneway culture inside, 294 bold rooms and suites peel back the layers and revel in the city’s history. There are five electric and daring bars and restaurants within the hotel, plus over 800 square metres of ultra-modern event space. W Melbourne is set to be the place to see and be seen in.
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox. Retox. Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
The Welcome Desk emerges from the ground as if the laneway extends in and is accompanied by bold design styled by the streets that will ignite our guests desire to go further, go longer and hit repeat. As a central part of our service team, they will rebelliously rewrite the rules on how to deliver guest experiences, they know Melbourne like the back of their hand and are focused on going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
Friendly, unscripted, real and connected, the Whatever/Whenever service team assist in making any request a reality. Our Whatever/Whenever Talent will know Melbourne like the back of their hand and are focused on going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
With design nods to Melbourne’s laneways and Batman’s lair, our guests will be arriving in style and stealing the scene when they pull up in WHEELS. We’re looking for Talent that will put their spin on the norm, helping to ramp up the experience for guests as they arrive and depart via WHEELS.
Serves as the property Manager on Duty and oversees all property operations during the overnight shift. Ensures that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided during the overnight shift. Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Personally assisting in resolving any issues and completing tasks. Ensures guest and Talent satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department. Manages the flow of questions and directs guests within the Living Room.
CAST KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, Welcome Desk, Style, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, Welcome Desk, Style, or related professional area.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Understands and, if necessary, implements all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, vicious crimes, bombs, fire, etc.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Follow company and department safety and security HID’s to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and WHS personnel.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Monitoring Property Operations
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all Guidelines to Operations.
- Ensures all talent are in proper uniform and are properly groomed (grooming standards in talent handbook).
- Ensures talent are working in a safe environment.
- Manages all period-end inventories.
Supporting Property Operations and Guest Relations Needs
- Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments to support property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the property.
- Communicates any variations to the established norms to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
- Sends copy of Duty Manager report to all departments on a daily basis.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Supporting Profitability and Revenue Goals
- Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Assists in the response and resolution of all guest issues received directly from guests or from talent.
- Assists accounts receivable clerk in all aspects of job and in keeping all invoices due below 60 days.
- Monitors that the Talent Coach is researching/processing all chargebacks and rebates on a timely basis.
- Administers plans and actions to keep chargebacks and rebates to a minimum.
- Ensures all talent are adhering to proper cash handling procedures and monitors overage/shortages.
- Manages talent hours.
- Works with the leadership team of the property to identify and implement action plans to prevent the reoccurrence of guest issues.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the guest on a daily basis.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Empowers talents to provide excellent customer service.
- Supervises coverage levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with talents to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired results.
- Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed goals.
- Records guest issues in the guest response tracking system.
- Participates as needed in the investigation of talents and guest accidents.
- Conducts regular inspection tours of the entire facility for appearance, safety, coverage, security, and maintenance.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPS) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Supports the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills and cross training.
- Solicits talent feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews talent satisfaction results to identify and address talent problems or concerns and share with Senior Leaders.
- Assists as needed in the Audition and hiring of talent team members with the appropriate skills.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for talents to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Participates in the talent performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
- Trains talents and monitors adherence to all credit HID’s to reduce bad debts and rebates.
- Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control property occupancy.
- Supervises daily Welcome Desk shift operations and ensures compliance with all policies and HID’s
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyses information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Attends meetings in relations to room inventory or group arrivals.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Maintains high visibility in public areas during peak times.
- Understands and can implement all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, vicious crimes, bombs, fire, etc.
- Performs Welcome Desk duties in high demand times.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.