Descripción de la oferta
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox. Retox. Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
W Melbourne is the rebel between the streets, taking its design cues from Australia’s cultural capital and providing the back-lane entrance keys to what’s New/Next in the city. Extending the laneway culture inside, 294 chic rooms and suites peel back the layers and revel in the city’s history. Featuring four bold and daring bars and restaurants within the hotel, plus over 800 square metres of ultra-modern event space. W Melbourne is set to be the place to see and be seen in.
With design nods to Melbourne’s laneways and Batman’s lair, our guests will be arriving in style and stealing the scene when they pull up in WHEELS. We’re looking for Talent that will put their spin on the norm, helping to amplify the experience for guests as they arrive and depart via WHEELS.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent OR
- 1-year experience in welcome desk operations or related customer service area AND
- A valid Full Drivers License
- Comply with property HID’s.
- Maintain security of vehicles and vehicle keys.
- Monitor and maintain safety, security, and cleanliness of parking areas/levels, and report any vehicles/safety hazards, unauthorized personnel, or potential security problems to the Talent Coach.
- Re-route traffic when parking facility reaches maximum capacity and ensure talent is informed.
- Unlock/open and close/secure parking facility in accordance with company procedures.
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors.
- Supply guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Open doors and assist guests/visitors entering and leaving property.
- Room guest to provide guest with awareness of amenities and facilities in room
- Tag, store, and retrieve luggage from luggage storage, providing guests with proper claim tickets for their luggage.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, W Service Foundations) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Assist other talents to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to Talent Coach.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to Talent Coach and WHS personnel.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Use proper equipment, employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and talents.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure wardrobe and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Talent Coach
- Speak to guests and talents using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with Talents or Talent Coach discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Talk with and listen to other talents to effectively exchange information.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other talents and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Support all talents and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with talents and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Strong team work culture to support the operation needs.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move at a speed required to respond to work situations (e.g., run, walk, jog).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 22kg without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 35kg with assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Assist with group luggage requirements (e.g., luggage pull, storage, drops).
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyses information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ensuring cleanliness of Welcome and Wheels area.
- Supports the Welcome Manager in emergency situations.