Descripción de la oferta
Senior Indirect Tax Analyst | Tax | London, UK
At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses – small, medium or large – thrive in more than 150 cities globally. The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow’s world at work. Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own.
About The Opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Indirect Tax Analyst to support the management of WeWork’s global Indirect Tax compliance and reporting obligations. You will be part of a global Indirect Tax team and will work directly with the Indirect Tax Compliance Manager in handling the end-to-end process required to execute on a number of periodic filing deliverables due across several territories. In particular, you will ensure that relevant checks and controls are adhered to in preparing data, that return, statistical filings and resulting payments are made on time and that appropriate processes are in place to ensure compliance with local Indirect Tax laws. You will balance multiple priorities and deadlines and will partner with various operating groups within the organization (e.g., GBS, finance and treasury) as well as with external advisors. You should be a self-starter, proactive in pushing processes through to conclusion, and eager to dive into the data to drive results.
- Collate and format relevant data extracted from WeWork’s internal systems and analyse an appropriate selection of transactions, making adjustments where appropriate, to ensure the accurate reporting of the business’s VAT position
- Complete reconciliations between different internal systems and between the VAT GL accounts and the VAT report to ensure all relevant transactions are included in the period’s reporting and that any follow up actions are documented and followed through
- Design and maintain working papers in such a way so as to demonstrate a clear audit trail and ease of review
- Work closely with the Accounts Payable team to ensure Indirect Tax compliant documents are received from suppliers to optimise recovery of VAT/GST at the earliest opportunity
- Proactively manage the reporting calendar and liaise with third party advisors to ensure the timely flow and review of information
- Ensure VAT/GST payments are made on time to Tax Authorities and that proof of payment and filing are obtained for internal record keeping and audit requirements
- Provide timely and accurate information on reported figures for VAT accounting purposes
- Assist in driving continuous improvements in the reporting process, through optimising systems data, building streamlined and standardized processes and identifying and prioritising key areas of risk and opportunity
- Assist in documenting the compliance and reporting process including a checklist of key controls and review areas
- Assist in gathering information requested as part of internal or external audits
- Provide support on tax/finance projects including automation, intercompany, tax engine and VAT recovery initiatives
- Help raise the profile of Indirect Tax by building key relationships across various teams and responding to routine queries raised by the business / finance
- Research and obtain any required information to enable the business to access its tax account/profile on Tax Authority websites
- Manage the collation of documentation required for VAT registration applications worldwide
Qualifications & Skills:
- 2+ years experience dealing with Indirect Tax compliance and reporting obligations preferably in a global/multi territory business
- A good understanding of VAT reporting and accounting principles
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- A key eye for detail, process, and risk management/mitigation
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously as needed
- Confidence in liaising with different stakeholders at various levels of the business
- Highly motivated and willing to take on multiple responsibilities at once
- Ability to work comfortably under pressure and to plan and to prioritise deliverables effectively in order to meet tight deadlines
- Adept in liaising with internal contacts and external advisors located in different time zones across the world
- Previous exposure to Workday is advantageous
Life At WeWork
Being a WeWorker is more than just a job. We believe the magic of work is sparked by the passion you bring, the places you go, the people you meet and the purpose you follow. And it starts here. Here you will brush shoulders with those who dare to dream and do. Here you will be welcomed by a diverse community that embraces and inspires you—because together we can achieve more. Here we challenge ideas, and explore new ways of getting things done. Whether you are part of our Employee Community Groups , or part of a global project, we ask you to bring your open-minded attitude and collaborative spirit. In return, you will be part of a team where your unique perspectives are celebrated.
WeWork is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.