Descripción de empleo
Leadership received from (directly):
Leadership received from (indirectly):
Front Office Manager
Front Office – Colleague
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the “moments” business. We’re intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn’t take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Chief Concierge and / Front Office Manager and within the limits of the established Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policies and OSM (Operational Standards Manual), his/her responsibilities are to provide efficient, personalized, courteous and punctual service and to practice up-selling techniques. To work with a team spirit and to ensure that each guest leaves the property fully satisfied and with the wish to return back.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
- As a Concierge and a Front Office team member you are part of a team that is responsible for the smooth arrival, stay and departure experiences of the guests.
- This service must be sincere, warm and with enthusiasm ensuring that all guests are comfortable in their surroundings and are assisted where ever possible.
- He / she should be empathetic to all mood and time restrictions.
- He / she must ensure a smooth operation of his / her service area as governed by contract and deemed by operational requirements.
- One should be creative and confident and be prepared to step outside of the confines of comfort.
- He / she should take the time to get to know the guests and be committed to service excellence.
- Team play is imperative and having the time to invest in self and employee development is mandatory.
- Being entrepreneurial and thinking beyond the boundaries are expected and not requested.
Planning & Organizing:
- Review and update Logbook.
- Regularly check the equipment.
- Be Smart, well-groomed and maintain a friendly and cheerful disposition all the times.
- Oversee the day to day operations.
- Report regularly on happening to FOM.
- Monitor Staff performance/ Coaching.
- Aware of fire & first aid procedure
- Handle guest complaints and report to manager
- Implement, coordinate and supervise Bellmen, Doormen and the valet parking team.
- Perform as per OSM Standards and in line with the Company’s Values & Core Behavior.
- Proper grooming at all times.
- Attend training classes as per schedule.
- Show fullest cooperation and respect within the team and other departments.
- Is aware of the daily activities and has product knowledge of all the hotel facilities.
- Receives guests in a professional and friendly manner, satisfying guest expectations from arrival through to departure.
- Maintains effective communication with all related departments to ensure smooth service delivery.
- Maintains a good working relationship with the Front Office team particularly Bell Boys. Ensures guests are greeted upon arrival and offered assistance at all times.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of the hotel services and communicates this to colleagues so they can supply information and respond to guest queries.
- Maintains an awareness of guest profiles through the Opera guest profile system.
- Ensuring that the guest luggage is carried from arrival point to room and from room to departure point on checkout.
- Deals promptly, efficiently and pleasantly with incoming calls.
- Handles all messages, mail and packages for guests and staff ensuring they are delivered at the appropriate time and stored if necessary in a systematic and efficient way.
- Delivers the morning newspapers to the guest rooms.
- Maintains the daily function board and notice board in Opera.
- Checks the duty roster daily.
- Suggestively sells the hotel promotions, outlets and facilities at all times.
- Regularly checks the lobby area ensuring that it is clean and tidy.
- Attends training and communication meetings as instructed.
- Ensures your area is manned at all times.
- Deals with any complaint, taking action as appropriate and communicating this to the supervisor.
- Ensures all money taken for the postage of items by guests is correct and posted accordingly.
- Attends department communication meetings.
- Maintains an awareness of sales opportunities maximizing revenue.
- Promotes internal outlets and act as F&B ambassador
- Establishes promotes and maintains good public relations while meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
- Cooperates in the performance of any reasonable task requested by the department Supervisor or Manager.
- Assist Reception with arrivals and departures whenever required.
- Adheres to all established Mövenpick Hotel policies and procedures.
- Networks with is connections in the city and continues to develop more
- Updates the information book with the latest information and activities in Dubai
- Develops his network within the city so in case of need it is easier to get tickets, reservations, bookings and other services as per guest’s needs and requests.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.