Overnight Bell/Valet Attendant (part-time)
A smile and helping hand is what our guests will experience as you personally greet them on their arrival. As an Overnight Bell/Valet Attendant with Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire (managed by Accor), your knowledge of the hotel and the professionalism you display will create a sense of 'welcome' like no other while you assist guests with baggage and valet parking, as part of our overnight team.
This is a part-time overnight position. At this time, shifts required would be 11pm to 7:30am on Friday & Saturday. Additional shifts could be available based on business volumes and vacation coverage when applicable.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor & Marriott worldwide
- Employee & family assistance program, duty meals, and food & beverage discounts at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire & Fairmont Palliser
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
What you will be doing:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Responsible for the timely and efficient transfer of luggage to and from guests' rooms, as well as the delivery of any other items within the hotel, fulfilling the role of Bellperson
- Responsible for valet parking of guests' vehicles upon arrival and departure
- Maintain the front entrance and walkways of the hotel, including snow removal when needed
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities and familiarity with guestrooms, as required, in an informative and helpful way
- Assist guests with directions to attractions and locations within area
- Follow all policies, procedures and service standards, including all health & safety protocols
Your experience and skills include:
- Must possess a valid Alberta Class 5 driver's licence and present a current driver's abstract
- Ability to drive automatic and manual transmissions, as well as familiarity with various makes and models of vehicles is required
- Previous customer service experience is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and professional presentation
- Proven ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated team work skills, shown through examples of working cohesively as a team with fellow employees across various areas
- Ability to focus attention on guests needs, while remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of this position, including the ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Your team and working environment:
- Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire is a unique hotel, managed by Accor, and operating as a franchised Marriott property
- The team at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire is committed to excellence, open, welcoming and feels like a second family
- Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire is designed for those in pursuit of adventure, joy and relaxation. Located downtown, our sophisticated hotel is nestled between the urban vibes of a bustling city and the peaceful tranquility of the Bow River and Prince's Island Park. Discover adventures from the heights of the Calgary Tower for enchanting city views to river floating down the Canadian Rockies glacier fed Bow River. Experience the many sides of our beautiful city at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, Calgary's Urban Resort.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS