Descripción de empleo
Exceptional service and cuisine are hallmarks of the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts dining experience. Your leadership, creativity and culinary skills as a Pastry Cook will guide the preparation of our Pastry Kitchens wide assortment of delicious baked goods for the enjoyment of our guests.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- On site employee cafeteria
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities.
What you will be doing:
- To assist in the preparation and baking of dough, cookies, muffins, dough, sponges, custards, meringues, mousse, icing, and other pastries. Able to store and handle all baked goods.
- Assist with the set up of banquet functions, outlet orders, and breakfast production.
- Monitor and maintain sanitation standards. Monitor and maintain safety standards
- Completes task as assigned by supervisor
- Knowledge of custards, cookies, mousse, sponges, meringues, and icings.
- Knowledge of mixing methods; creaming, whipping, folding.
- Knowledge of finishing methods and techniques.
- Basic celebration cake building and icing.
- Knowledge of various dough.
- Basic knife skills for chopping, cutting, dicing, etc.
- Understanding of basic Pastry Kitchen terminology
Your experience and skills include:
- Adhere to Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Grooming Guidelines
- Two to Four Years of Previous Experience in a Pastry Production Kitchen and/or Restaurant Experience
- Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Can work outside in extreme Heat and in Extreme Cold
- Can work in Wet conditions, Odor, Noise, and Stressful conditions
Your team and working environment:
- A team of Heartists that are committed to working together, supporting each other, and providing the best guest experience Feel Valued, Feel Sparked, We Are One
- A very creative team of culinary experts working together in a fast paced environment
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS