Fairmont Château Laurier is the iconic hotel of Ottawa - Canada’s capital city. Built in the age of grandeur, Ottawa’s very own castle is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French château. A symbol of timeless elegance, the hotel combines a distinctive blend of historic charm and modern efficiencies.
What is in it for you:
- Wonderful company culture - our colleagues are at the heart of all that we do
- Food & Beverage discount of 50% in our restaurants
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Comprehensive extended health benefits package
Fairmont Château Laurier is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please notify us.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Reporting to the Venues Manager, the Zoé’s Manager is responsible for ensuring Zoé’s ascension to being recognized as one of the top restaurants in Ottawa. The Zoé’s manager is to curate a guest experience second to none in the city, ensuring a common vison of the team and a relentless pursuit of the best.
The successful candidate, part of a Food & Beverage management team, will be accountable for revenue maximization, cost controls, scheduling, and the ongoing training and development of Assistant Outlets Managers and colleagues. Additionally they must have the ability to manage change, lead strategic planning efforts, maintain the currentness of our menus, as well as maintain leading-edge knowledge of both our competitive market set and developments in the Food & Beverage industry.
Acting as a leader and role model in the adherence to all Fairmont standards, but most especially Fairmont’s Food & Beverage standards, will also be a critical success factor.
Specific responsibilities of this position will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing the day to day operations of the restaurant with active presence on the floor leading your team to deliver service excellence including opening/closing duties and cleaning/maintenance;
- Ensuring that Service Essentials standards and the Service Promise are in place in accordance with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts Food & Beverage standards manual in order to ensure targets are met with respect to Guest Satisfaction Surveys (VOG) and Employee Engagement Surveys (EES);
- Supervising F&B Colleagues, including evaluating performance, taking corrective action and celebrating successes on a continuous basis;
- Conducting pre-meal briefings and liaising with the Executive Chef and Restaurant Chef on duty;
- Overseeing In-Room Dining services in the absence of Wilfrid’s Manager, our Guest Room Refreshment Centre services.
- Analyzing Food & Beverage business trends to develop accurate forecasts and strategies to maximize revenues and profits;
- Constantly seeking out creative ways to improve overall revenues and profitability, such as promotional programs and merchandising and special events;
- Accountable for driving revenue and profit through the development and implementation of strategies, practices and promotions while in keeping with the overall concept;
- Controlling and analyzing monthly beverage inventories and sanitation, cleanliness, and hygiene in both the front and back of the house on an ongoing basis;
- Coordinating and assisting in staff training to create a service culture that exudes warmth and hospitality;
- Controlling, scheduling and monitoring of staffing levels with the Watson Standards in the Outlets to ensure service levels are met and monitoring daily payroll in Time Saver.
- Participating in all fields of administrative work required, including scheduling, opening/closing duties, cleaning and maintenance checklists;
- Taking ownership for guests’ reservations and special requests and working closely with the Concierge;
- Managing cleaning inspections on a regular basis with the Venues Manager to ensure compliance with Health & Safety and Hotel cleanliness standards and a safe working environment for colleagues;
- Effectively recruit and onboard new colleagues and promote the growth and development of internal talent;
- Coordinate closely with the Public Relations team on special events and be actively engaged in generating content for the Social Media accounts
- Work in partnership with Restaurant Chef to create and maintain all restaurant menus while in keeping with the overall concept.
- Work with the bar team to generate and maintain the wine and cocktail lists for Zoe’s.
- Three years of progressive management experience in Restaurants & bars management and previous leadership experience in an equivalent role
- Degree/Diploma in a recognized Hotel and Restaurant Management Program an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cohesively as part of a team and build relationships
- Knowledge of the Silverware system, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent culinary and beverage knowledge.
- Knowledge of alcohol control and merchandising procedures.
- Familiarity of general accounting principles and policies.
- Ability to analyze data and trends and create strategies for improvement.
- Innovative, creative and willing to take risks.
- Results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Previous experience in a unionized environment an asset.
- Bilingual in both official languages is an asset.
- Demonstrated passion for the industry and guests
- Proven ability to drive revenues and profit, without sacrificing colleague and guest experiences
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Excellent work ethic with a high degree of responsibility