Andaz means “personal style” in Hindi, and summarizes what we stand for; guests and colleagues can truly be how they want to be Andaz Amsterdam. Our team is stimulating and surprising our guests with personalized attention and revolutionary craft cocktails and locally sourced spirits, beers and non-alcoholic drinks. The Bar has a buzzing yet intimate atmosphere, with sumptuous sofas; and barrier free and interactive bar counter. Overlooking the prime real estate of Prinsengracht canal, the Bar is ideally situated not only for our hotel guests but also to welcome our local clientele.
Do you feel your creative juices flowing?!
Because we are looking for a Bartender!
What does the ROLE entail?
• Surprises and delights our guests
• Creates inspiring, immersive and unscripted experiences and guest interactions
• Taking orders from guests, upselling wherever possible;
• Preparing and serving beverages to guests, per standards of performance and service sequence;
• Handling all inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to ensure resolution;
• Being familiar with all food and beverage items available in all hotel venues;
• Deliver an environment that entails immaculate hygiene as per HACCP standards
• Preparing the bar for operation, including mise-en-place, setting tables, light cleaning, etc;
• Closing the bar; operationally, activity logbook as well as financial reporting
• Following standard recipes and minimizing waste, ensuring beverage cost is in line with budget;
• Being flexible in meeting special requests for specific preparation methods and ingredients;
• Ordering beverage ingredients based on outlet par stocks and as prescribed by the Bar Manager;
• Ensuring all sales are properly recorded, following ordering, voiding, and correcting procedures;
• Assisting in inventory-taking as required, and resolving any discrepancy in beverage inventory;
What’s in it for YOU?
• A great place to work in lovely Amsterdam center. In the middle of the iconic Prinsengracht canal.
• An entry to the Hyatt Family, a place where we care for people so they can be their best;
• 12 free nights at Hyatt hotels globally every year and 20% Discounts at our F&B outlets and special discounts at our Spa
• A guest experience in your own city with a complimentary overnight stay, cocktails & dinner for two;
• Travel Allowance, starting from a 5 kilometers travel distance from the hotel.
• Uniform provided and laundry is taken care of in house.
• 25 Vacation days
“Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best – and we believe wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose”
• To support our colleagues mental wellbeing we provide access to “Headspace App” for all employees, free of charge as Hyatt's wellbeing assessment tool "Hyatt Well-Check"
• Social Activities; Team building outings, Sports/wellbeing activities
• Hotel gym access
“Careers at Hyatt don’t have to follow a traditional career ladder or path with one pace and following only one direction. Rather, they can be customized and adapted based an employee’s individual circumstances and take the form of a career lattice”
• International working experience with future international transfer happily facilitated.
• Personal development plan, in order to reach your full potential.
• A wide range of development tools through the Hyatt Learning platform for all colleagues. From E-Learnings to classroom sessions, Hyatt provides different solutions, depending on how you learn best (Example: Excel courses, Leadership series etc.).
“Inclusion and diversity are at the core of our purpose – we care for people so they can be their best – and we are deeply involved in actions that create a culture of opportunity for all”
• An International team of over 15 different nationalities
• Focus on Diversity, Equity and inclusion within our team. Through employee support groups (HyPride & Women@Hyatt), workshop and classroom trainings.
• Not just any bartender; you are a Bluespoon Bartender;
• Someone that loves a little show and cares about the presentation of our drinks;
• By adding some personal flavor and touch, you don’t back away from casual and genuine conversations with our guests from near and far;
• A natural host, who is not afraid to approach our guests and give the best recommendations.
YOUR recipe to success:
• You have solid experience working in the Beverage industry, ideally within high-end environments;
• Extensive knowledge of spirits, cocktails and wines, as well as great barista skills;
• Willingness to learn
• Creativity, enthusiasm, motivation, and a hands-on mentality;
• A love for Amsterdam and an international state of mind;
• Great language and communication skills in English and, preferably, in Dutch;
• Legally allowed to work in the Netherlands, holding an EU/EEA passport or a valid work permit for the country (we do not assist with Visa / permit applications).
Does the above describe you, the way you love to work and the people you want to work with?
Idioma requerido: Inglés.
Art becomes life at Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht. Or is it the other way around? Our five-star boutique hotel in Amsterdam’s historic city center is more than a place to stay—it’s living art in the lively Jordaan district.
Once a nondescript public library building overlooking the Prinsengracht (Prince’s Canal), Andaz Amsterdam has been transformed into a fantastical dream-world by Dutch architect and renowned designer Marcel Wanders. This is the place where old becomes new, history fuses with modern-day living, and your luxury hotel beats with the same heart as the city. Traditional Dutch art and culture meshes with the present at every turn—sit in the oversized tulip chairs and read the history of Amsterdam on the wallpaper, stroll through the romantic, secretive garden, and take pictures in our Instagram-worthy Observatorium, where the history of Dutch seafaring is retold through light-fixture constellations and Old World maps.
The Andaz Amsterdam is the preferred hotel of the Stedelijk Museum, and features a unique collection of more than 40 video art pieces throughout the hotel. With 122 uniquely Dutch-designed guestrooms and the Bluespoon Restaurant and Bar serving up uncomplicated European cuisine, the Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht is a hotel that is inspired and continuously inspires the spirit of the neighbourhood.