Descripción de empleo
El Encanto, A Belmond Hotel, has been meticulously restored to capture all the romance and glamour that endeared it to both the local Santa Barbara community and visitors alike. Ninety-two quintessential, California-styled suites and bungalows dot the lush, terraced grounds featuring seven-acres of gloriously landscaped gardens with sweeping views of Santa Barbara and the Pacific Ocean. Original architectural features have been lovingly restored, including the historic, trellis-lined Arbor and Lily Pond. Modern additions to the expansive outdoor zero-edge pool and a new beautifully appointed boutique spa enhance the journey for today’s luxury-seeking guest.
We are seeing a seasoned Human Resources Manager to assist in the development, implementation and administration of all Human Resource functions, including recruitment, training and development, benefit administration and associate relations activities, relating to all hotel personnel. The Human Resources Manager is directly responsible for the recruitment cycle and maintains a pipeline of qualified candidates. The HRM raises positive awareness of the organizations’ commitment to sustainable responsibility through the implementation of regular activities and initiatives.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the development, implementation and administration of all Human Resource functions, including recruitment, training and development, benefit administration and associate relations activities, relating to all hotel personnel.
- Responsible for the effective recruitment, and hiring of all open line level positions by:
- Be familiar with job descriptions and functions of all departments on property
- updating weekly job postings
- utilize a variety of advertisement methods to recruit the best candidates.
- maintaining the applicant log and reference log
- conducting screening interviews with walk-in and open interview candidates and notifying hiring managers of qualified applicants
- ensuring candidates who are not selected receive proper notification in a timely manner
- making contingent job offers
- conducting and reviewing pre-employment background, reference checks and drug screens
- overseeing new orientation sign-ups
- Attend school sponsored job and career fairs, some travel may be required
- Participate in the execution and coordination of on-site job fairs as well as off-site hiring events at career centers
- Share ideas for executing ever-changing, innovative, active recruitment methods to attract the best candidates.
- Track and record payment of invoices for background checks, drug screens, newspaper
- Complete Corporate requested reports (monthly, annually)
- Oversees administration of HR/Benefits and ensures adherence to employment related laws
- Develop/enhance incentive and reward systems for service, achievement/contribution, special occasions/milestones supporting retention and motivation strategies.
- Plans and executes social activities that help sustain a high level of morale and support core values.
- Design and execute performance programs/tools to: Maximize skill sets and enhance performance. Establish El Encanto as an Employer of Choice.
- Oversee and ensure consistency in policies and practices to minimize legal exposure.
- Work with Director of HR to provide support and assistance with design and development of company programming.
- Provide consultation coaching.
- Oversees and maintains employee records current and in audit-ready condition.
- Assist with annual compensation wage surveys through data gathering, reports, etc.
- Attends monthly Safety Committee meetings and briefs committee on recent statistics and trends
- Use utilities and resources in a responsible manner to control wastage.
- Communicate relevant information to the department, your line manager and across departments, as appropriate.
- Comply with safe working practices, Health and Safety policy and ensure accidents/defects are reported immediately.
- Attend learning and development courses and complete eLearning modules, as required.
- Demonstrate and be a role model of Belmond’s core values of Care, Confidence, Curiosity and Community.
El Encanto offers a full array of benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage. In addition, the company pays for basic life and AD&D as well as short term disability. Team members can choose additional coverage to include voluntary life/AD&D, spouse life/AD&D, dependent life, critical care, hospital indemnity, accident and flexible spending.
The Company offers paid time off, sick pay, a 401(k) program with Company matching, and an employee assistance program. Team members enjoy free cafeteria meals and discounts on food and beverage, spa treatments, and retail boutique items.
The Discovering Belmond program offers complimentary accommodation for team members while on leisure travel outside their region at any Belmond hotel and resort. It also offers food and beverage at a discounted rate. In addition to the complimentary offerings, discounted rates are available for safaris, trains and cruises.
¿Estás interesado en esta oportunidad?