Descripción de empleo
We are seeking a motivated chef de partie to join the pastry kitchen team. The pastry kitchen is responsible for the preparation and service of food within the Foyer and Reading Room, renowned for Afternoon Tea, In Room Dining and our luxury event space, catering for around 1000 people per day. Seasonal ingredients and locally sourced produce are the hallmarks of our dining menus. Simply delicious, and deliciously simple.
At the centre of London’s Mayfair, Claridge’s is a unique combination of splendour and charm, renowned for its impeccable, intuitive service. The hotel’s original art deco interiors have been interwoven with modern flourishes. It also has a famous all-day dining restaurant, the Foyer & Reading Room, and two bars: Claridge’s Bar and the intimate Fumoir.
- Prepare ingredients for and during service working alongside the pastry team
- Manage and support a team of commis chefs and demi chef de parties on the section
- Ensure that the highest standards are maintained in the preparation of food
- Support the rest of the kitchen team during service to ensure a smooth operation
- Ensure that the kitchen areas, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy
- Maintain a positive relationship with the kitchen and front of house team
- Experience as a chef de partie or higher within a fast paced pastry kitchen environment
- Ability to demonstrate advanced patisserie skills including chocolate tempering
- 5-star experience in a similar position is essential for this role
- Passion for food and quality products and ingredients
- Be a team player with good communication skills
- Ability to work in a high pressured environment
- Excellent attention to detail
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
At the heart of London’s Mayfair, Claridge’s luxury hotel is perfectly situated for the West End, stylish shopping districts, leafy Royal parks and thriving business centres.
The glamorous and elegant Claridge's presents sophisticated 5-star luxury in the heart of Mayfair.
Spacious, luxurious, and sumptuously furnished, each room at Claridge’s boasts a luxury marble bathroom and peaceful views of the courtyard. Guests have access to free Wi-Fi via infra-red keyboard from the TV.
The Reading Room serves a contemporary menu in luxury Art Deco surroundings. The stylish, 1930’s themed Fumoir offers unique spirits and ‘30s-inspired cocktails. Claridge’s famous afternoon teas are served in the grand and elegant foyer, with over 50 varieties of tea and delicious, classic pastries.
With its glass columns and juice bar, Claridge’s airy, modern gym is located on the 6th floor, while the luxurious treatment rooms offer relaxing spa and beauty therapies.
Hyde Park is less than a 10-minute walk from Claridge’s, while the famous, bustling shops of Oxford Street and Bond Street are only 3 minutes’ walk away.