- Greets all guests and performs check-in functions.
- Farewells all guests and performs check-out functions.
- Prepares the necessary material for the welcome and departure of guests (welcome cards, LHW registration cards, etc.).
- Keeps informed at all times of operational developments and internal/external events that may affect the hotel and, in turn, communicates all information that may be relevant.
- Maintains positive relationships with guests and fellow students.
- Keeps abreast of daily events, VIP and group arrivals.
- Knows in detail the Leading Hotels of the World loyalty programme, in order to provide accurate communication to guests and actively offer membership to all non-member guests.
Coordinates with the departments involved prior to the guest's arrival and during their stay, mainly Flats, Guest Relations and Maintenance, to ensure that the facilities and services offered to the guest are in perfect condition.
- Ensures that all reservations, requests and eventual requests from the guest are carried out accurately and quickly, collaborating, where appropriate, with the corresponding department at all times.
- Responsible for receiving email correspondence, resolving queries and updating guest preferences as appropriate.
- Assists with arrival assignments, reviewing customer preferences and taking into account VIP level and fare paid.
- In the absence of the reservations department, handles booking requests that may arrive by telephone and email and handles email booking requests that require immediate action.
- Handle those customer complaints reported to Reception, monitoring them and closing them in Thakys once resolved.
- Accommodate customers in the event that Guest Relations or Luggage Handler is not available.
- Picking up customers waiting for their room and escorting them to Reception to complete the check-in process.
- Meets and exceeds the standards of uniformity and presence of Hotel staff.
- Maintains responsible behaviour at all times.
- Communicates any strange behaviour of Hotel staff or guests.
- Complies with all established Hotel policies and procedures.
- Knows and respects the GDPR, maintaining the privacy of all guests.
- In general supports the operation of the hotel in any relevant situation to ensure customer satisfaction and support the rest of their colleagues.
- Formalisation of internal and external documentation deriving from the internal management of the department.
- Intervention in the preparation, revision and use of the assigned equipment, materials and products together with inventory
- Participation in the storage, classification and control of materials and products.
- Control of breakdowns in the rooms
- Supervision and set-up of the outgoing rooms according to the established standards
- Supervision and set-up of customer rooms according to the set standards
- Supervision of overdrafts according to established standards.
- Supervision of common areas
- Control of forgotten objects
- Opening and closing of shifts
- 400€ net per month
- Lunch or dinner depending on shift
- Uniform (shoes are not included. Each student must bring them according to the department's standards).
- Interpersonal communication
- Customer orientation
- Empathic communication
- Social skills
- Being an ambassador of the company's philosophy and values
- Ethical and responsible
- Proactive, flexible, organised
- Minimum level of Spanish A2
- Minimum level of English A2, other foreign languages will be an asset
- Customer service oriented
Idiomas requeridos: Español e Inglés.
At El Palace Barcelona, a luxury hotel in Barcelona with more than 100 years of history, we believe that talent is crucial to continue offering new and exclusive experiences to our guests while maintaining our high levels of service.