Blu Hotel Natura & Spa
We are a human brand. We are a culture brand. We are Four Seasons.
We are world’s leading operator of luxury hotels and resorts currently managing more than 120 properties worldwide.
Four Seasons Hotel Prague is looking for a talented Executive Pastry Chef to join our diverse and creative team.
About the Job
The Executive Pastry Chef is accountable for the quality and consistency of all pastry products produced and served including the efficiencies, consistency, associate training and accountability of costs associated with the pastry department. The Executive Pastry Chef works directly with the Executive Chef on the creation, development and implementation of new desserts and creative menu developments of various F&B outlets and is expected to create unique desserts that inspire guests to return.
You will ideally have a solid knowledge of food and beverage and a proven track record of Pastry Management within the hotel/restaurant industry. You must display creativity and flair and the ability to provide guidance to others, and be able to evidence good business acumen, excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic. You will be reporting to the Executive Chef.
About the expected Responsibilities and Skills
• Passionate people developer who coordinates the selection, training, development, coaching and evaluation of employees.
• Sets and maintains high standards by assisting in the planning and development of dessert menus for the hotel and ensuring the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all pastry items prepared through production and demonstration.
• Excellent communicator who works harmoniously with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation amongst departments to ensure a positive environment.
• Resolves guest complaints, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
• Keen eye towards controlling staffing and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, dessert menu development and recipe costing (Birchstreet) purchasing decisions, and inventory control.
• Maintains control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications as well and foster an awareness of the importance of dessert preparation and quality.
• Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well-being of hotel guests and employees. Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
• Dynamic and highly visible in the operation, recognizing and maintaining relationships with regular guests as well as cultivating relationships with new guests through effective marketing and personal relationships.
• Relationship management is key for all stakeholders (internal, external, ownership and Four Seasons brand).
• The ability to react and adjust to changing business environments and lead the team in ensuring efficient financial management of the business.
• A creative and inventive leader who operates in a space where there is no box.
Qualifications in detail:
• 5 to 7 years previous experience in multiple culinary/food & beverage department head positions specializing in pastry design and creation.
• College degree specializing in pastry arts is a great advantage.
• Must demonstrate high standards of professionalism and have a passion for providing a unique, creative and delicious culinary experience for the guests.
• Solid knowledge of back of house systems, ordering and inventory.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills; reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language, another language would be an advantage.
• Must have EU work authorization.
What to Expect
This position is offered for a define period of time of 24 months with a possible unlimited extend based on your performance. Your trial period will be 6 months. Feedback is a key; therefore, you will be asked to give your feedback on regular basis and you will also have an informal chat with your 1 up manager and mentor.
FS Prague People value a culture of unique personal contribution and strive for the excellence. We value an open and transparent communication and working in psychological safe environment. We enjoy the common goal to make us always better and stronger. And we love to have a fun together.
We want people engaged, committed with a creative and open mindset and strong sense for responsibility. We want people who enjoys to serve the others.
We hire for the attitude not for the skills.
Passionate team with lots of fun
Excellent Training and Development opportunities: LinkedIn courses, E-Cornell, inspirational workshops.
Discover the world with complimentary or/and attractive employee rates at Four Seasons Hotels worldwide
Complimentary Employee Meals and laundry/dry cleaning
Employee benefit cafeteria system
Jobs at Four Seasons LTD
Four Seasons Hotel Prague interweaves centuries of remarkable history and architecture with all the conveniences of modern technology. In the middle of vibrant Old Town Prague, experience an enclave at the edge of the Vltava River, just steps from the Charles Bridge.
At this luxury hotel in Old Town Prague, a contemporary main building unites three historic edifices – classical, renaissance and 18th-century baroque buildings – for an architecturally unique structure.
A tiempo completo, Indefinido
Fecha de inicio:Lo antes posible
Fecha limite de comienzo: