Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley is looking for an Accountant who shares our passion for excellence and is enthusiastic about creating the ultimate service experience. The Accounting Generalist will be a member of a dynamic Finance team delivering great service to our internal and external guests.About Us
Our 200-room, luxury hotel is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, home to many of the world’s leaders in technological research. This bustling city combines California heritage with a long history of high-tech innovation.
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Because of our employee-centric approach, Four Seasons has been listed in the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For” rankings every year since 1998.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Finance, essential job functions include but are not limited to:
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Provide support to businesses by managing daily Accounts Payable tasks.
- Understand and possess a working knowledge of the Accounting & Finance Manual
- Ensure all payments are made correctly and with the correct authorization (approved PO).
- Understand tax laws as it relates to sales tax, use tax, goods and services tax and year end processing ensuring compliance and ensure that all deductions and exemptions are properly documented.
- Good understanding of Month-End Process, including but not limited to preparation of accruals and journal entries, maintain reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principals. Run the required reports at month end to close the Accounts Payable cycle.
- Prepare and coordinate the monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts and all bank reconciliations, ensuring all outstanding reconciling items are investigated and resolved satisfactorily.
- Perform all daily, monthly, and other periodic accounting and financial reporting in an accurate and timely nature.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Director of Finance or Assistant Director of Finance.
What to Expect:
- Previous accounting generalist experience, preferably within Hotels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge back office accounting systems
- Excellent emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Hourly rate $29.13
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Holiday, vacation, and sick pay
- 401k participation with a company matching program
- Complimentary stays at Four Seasons worldwide (subject to availability)
- Free employee meals prepared by the culinary team
- Complimentary dry cleaning of employee uniforms
- Free employee parking
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf