We are turning up the volume in Music City and we want you to join our playlist! Weaving the warmth of southern hospitality with the intuition of Four Seasons service, our team is changing the landscape of Nashville.
We are seeking a Group Sales Manager
, an exciting opportunity to be part of the new Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Nashville! This position is based in Nashville and is a shared services role, selling both Four Seasons Denver and Four Seasons Nashville to the assigned territory
We are looking for a Group Sales Manager who will support the Director of Sales and is responsible for business generation as it relates to prospecting and securing group business on behalf of Nashville and Denver in accordance with the goals and strategies outlined in the annual Marketing Plan and in conjunction with the Worldwide Sales Office’s efforts. As a Sales Leader you will be responsible for working and collaborating with a team that includes Sales Managers, Revenue Management, Reservations, Catering and Conference Services, and Public Relations. This position requires a high degree of independent judgement and discretion on decision making. This person will have strong leadership, interpersonal and analytical skills is able to prioritize and adapt to the changing needs of the operation, and can evidence having a solid work ethic, good business acumen and a passion for service.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Promote and secure business from key meeting planners and top accounts.
- Nurture existing accounts and relationships to maximize revenue while also proactively soliciting new clients and business for the resort.
- Communicate regularly with various departments involved in servicing accounts.
- Field inquiries send proposals and contracts, liaise, and effectively communicate with other departments of the hotel to assist with group arrangements.
- Travel and entertain clients as needed.
- Identify and target group customers that will generate business on behalf of hotel but not conflict with WSO efforts.
- Negotiate, draft, generate and confirm/sign group contracts that ensure hotel budget and revenue targets are achieved.
- Adjust group pricing and recommend group concessions as needed to secure group business in support of hotel budget targets.
- Utilize Various Prospecting Resources to solicit and secure business on behalf of hotel.
- Use company wide programs, sales developments, prospecting projects, WSO customer events and reporting for group business development.
- Follow up on all business inquiries and leads and qualify business to generate group room nights and associated food and beverage revenue to impact RevPar performance.
- Create and execute account plans for assigned market territory to ensure maximum group revenue and budgeted group targets are achieved.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue and direct sales goals including outside sales calls, prospecting calls, site inspections, and entertainment as outlined.
- Uncover potential P2P leads on behalf of sister properties and the company.
- Treat active selling, solicitation, and business development as #1 job priority.
- Protect the Golden-Selling Hours. Allocate time and resources as appropriate for account potential.
- Schedule activities effectively and meet deadlines.
- Handle sales calls and trips in a cost and time-efficient manner and within compliance of established budgets.
- Plan activities in advance. Ability to coordinate special events, promotions and other required management duties as assigned.
- Participate in local group/meetings organizations as needed for job.
- Identify, select and participate in local organization that will garner positive exposure for hotel, increase network of potential clients, and generate new business opportunities. Ideally, manager would have opportunity to serve on a committee or board to demonstrate leadership within the community.
- Establish and maintain strong Delphi hygiene including account creation, account traces, contact information, client email lists, bookings, etc. in accordance with Four Seasons standards.
- Understand and maximize the utilization of all automated sales and reservations systems (Opera) involved with corporate or travel industry business.
- Participate in sales meetings, pipeline meetings and leadership meetings as required.
- Respond and maintain effective correspondence with all potential and existing clients.
- Follow up on all pending and currently booked business details.
- Produce monthly sales recaps of market achievement based upon marketing plan objectives.
- Produce and execute quarterly and annual action plans.
- Participation and contribution to annual Marketing Plan including proposing and managing territory sales expenses and travel budgets
- Initiates booking feedback as needed with the DOS, DOM and GM during the sales process up to and including contract.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- A Hospitality Management Degree qualification is preferred, however, not essential with relevant experience.
- Luxury hotel Sales preferred (minimum of 3 years) or 3 – 5 years operational hotel experience
- Proven sales track records a plus
- Proven leadership within the luxury hotel market.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to accomplish all major responsibilities and be willing to accept assignments on as need basis, to promote teamwork. This may include some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
About Four Seasons Hotel & Private Residences Nashville
- Proven sales track record a plus.
- Business travel required.
- Good command of the English language with excellent communication skills.
A soaring new landmark on the Nashville skyline, Four Seasons pays homage to the city’s creative spirit. 40 stories high, with 235 keys (42 suites) and 143 residence units, the property is located in the upmarket neighborhood of SoBro where floor to ceiling windows provide unobstructed downtown panoramic views. The hotel will feature 25,330 sq ft of meeting space, Mimo Restaurant and Bar, a luxury spa, and an outdoor pool deck. Service Culture
Currently operating over 120 hotels and resorts, and 45 residential properties in major city centers and resort destinations in 47 countries, and with more than 50 projects under planning or development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world's best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards. Our greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our people. We believe that each of us needs a sense of dignity, pride, and satisfaction in what we do. What to Expect
Dynamic Employee Culture where you are encouraged to be your true self!
Inclusive and diverse employee engagement events all year-round
Competitive wages and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, 401k Retirement Plan, and much more)!
Excellent and ongoing Training and Development opportunities
Complimentary Accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Complimentary Dry Cleaning for Employee Uniforms
Complimentary Employee Meals
… and so much more! Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us:
https://twitter.com/FourSeasonsJobs Learn more about a career with Four Seasons
https://twitter.com/FourSeasonsJobs Visa Requirements
Authorization to work in the United States is required unless the candidate is currently in a managerial role with another Four Seasons location. Current Four Seasons managers may qualify for an L-1 visa sponsorship.
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf