***This role will be in the office in McLean, VA***
The Hilton portfolio of hotels is comprised of 18 industry-leading and world-class brands. A dedicated team of industry experts in the domains of hospitality, brand management, innovation, food and beverage, wellness, owner relations, and more, leads our Brands organization with the steadfast goal of strengthening and growing the Hilton portfolio. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Canopy, Tempo by Hilton, DoubleTree, Curio Collection, LXR Hotels and Resorts, Hilton Hotels and Resorts, Motto, Signia by Hilton, Tapestry Collection, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Tru, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites, and Hilton Grand Vacations.What will I be doing?
The SVP Administrative Assistant for the Luxury Brands Category, Food & Beverage Brands, and Brand Planning & Innovation will lead all administrative tasks in support of the Category and Brand Leaders. If you are detail-oriented, organized & enjoy multitasking, then this is the role for you. You will be responsible for calendar management, domestic & international travel itineraries, meeting & event planning, expense reports, and billing.
We believe Hospitality is not just a job; it is a journey of self-discovery, growth, community, and culture. Our Administrative professionals deliver extraordinary experiences to their executives, peers, and Team members. Can you keep things confidential? Your leader is highly visible with daily interaction with the C suite; confidentiality is key. Successful assistants are efficient, inventive, good problem solvers, and organized. You will ensure a steady completion of workload promptly to achieve success.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage the leader's schedule including travel and accommodations, daily meetings, etc.
- Prepare business letters, agendas, and presentations, typically using Microsoft Office.
- Build partnerships with internal departments to resolve day-to-day administrative challenges.
- Implement and monitor programs as directed by management and see the programs through to completion.
- Handle inventory of assets and supplies for current Team Members and assist with onboarding new Team Members.
- Support all aspects of administrative management, directory maintenance, logistics, equipment, and storage.
- Schedule and handle all meetings, interviews, events, and other similar activities for the executive and perform varied general office support.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports to include submitting and reconciling expense reports.
- Solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity.
In addition to the performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to provide high-level administrative support, particularly to the Chief Brands Officer, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the requirements of the company.What are we looking for?
We are looking for self-starters, who are passionate about hospitality and supporting others. We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Matrix-navigation skills among large and complex organizations with a commitment to meet deadlines
- Aptitude in building positive relationships and collaborating with internal and external partners
- Strong communication skills, including finding opportunities for improvement, and being comfortable sharing those messages with all applicable constituent groups
- Positive attitude and a strong appetite to learn
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Five (5) years of administrative experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to travel up to 5%
What is it like working for Hilton?
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Advanced proficiency in Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience using Concur travel and expense system
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton
: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands
. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits
such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive
environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog
to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.