Join our leadership team as a Complex Assistant Director of Property Operations
at Casa Marina
and The Reach Resort
in the southernmost point in the U.S., Key West
! These luxurious properties are a landmark of the grace, charm, and tranquility of Old Key West offering an exciting opportunity to be a part of this award-winning team.
Nestled along the southern edge of the island overlooking more than 1,100 feet of private beach, Casa Marina has 311 rooms, 4 food and beverage outlets, and over 11,000 square feet of banquet space. The Reach Resort has 150 rooms and 4,700 square feet of banquet space.
In this role, you will oversee the engineering / property operations teams at these two (2) hotels.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader with strong attention to detail, organization, and follow through. This individual will have at least four (4) years of engineering management experience and the ability to troubleshoot electrical, plumbing and HVAC equipment. Luxury experience is a plus! Want to learn more? Hotel Website
, YouTube What will I be doing?
As Assistant Director of Property Operations, you would be responsible for assisting the Director in overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility to protect the well-being of all guests and team members in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Assist in directing and overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility, including, but not limited to, physical buildings, mechanical equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, life safety systems and grounds according to federal, state and local regulations
- Conduct facility inspections and direct general construction and the installation, maintenance and repair of all electrical, mechanical and architectural systems throughout the facility to ensure operational efficiency and safety
- Assign, verify and document completion of all routine maintenance and repairs in the property maintenance management system
- Communicates with city/county/state officials to ensure the proper maintenance of permits and licenses, to coordinate required inspections and to ensure full compliance with codes, regulations and safety standards
- Assists in the execution of capital projects and property rehabilitations.
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations, providing professional development and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Acts in absence of the Director
- Leads special projects, as needed
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! The Benefits
– Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)