Leads all Marketing Planning & Execution strategies for a complex of hotels Hilton McLean at Tysons Corner & Embassy Suites Alexandria Old Town
including the development, management, execution and measurement of all aspects of the marketing/branding strategies; including but not limited to Marketing Budgets, Social Media, Websites, Digital & Print Advertising, Collateral, and Video/Photography Assets, etc. that maximize exposure in order to achieve budget and market share targets.
The position may also act as a liaison between the hotel and regional teams, managed marketing support, outside agencies and contracted vendors/service providers. Requires extensive and regular interaction with hotel’s executive committee members.Keys to Success:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Marketing Planning & Strategy
- Builds a close alignment with on-property, regional, and brand marketing teams.
- Successfully executes the tactical elements of the annual marketing plan.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Has a passion for learning and staying on the cutting edge of new digital strategies, trends and technologies.
- Highly adaptable to seasonality and conflicting priorities.
Tactical Marketing Execution & Analysis
- Branding & Positioning: Leads the execution of all messaging, positioning and marketing strategies. Delivers content that aligns to and meets brand standards.
- Plan & Budget: Leads the development of strategic marketing plans. Marketing plans should be annual, monthly and by segment of deployment inclusive of cost, deployment strategies (print, digital, and/or social media). Planning should incorporate the review of competitive data, demand analysis and market mix management.
- Agency Point of Contact: May be responsible as the day-to-day agency point of contact to ensure execution of plan. (if agency support exists)
- Internal Partnerships: May work/liaison with internal corporate partners, including but not limited to Brand, Destination, and MEC.
- eCommerce: Executes eCommerce campaigns to support the hotel strategic marketing plans working within the established budgets. This includes (but is not limited to) email, paid media, social media, online listings, and SEO/SEM. Tracks and analyzes success of marketing campaigns and adjusts marketing strategies/budgets where needed based on performance metrics.
Meetings, Presentations and Reports
- Project Management: Manages the development of creative (in coordination with an agency where applicable) for all marketing initiatives, ensures timely media placement and coordination of production/materials deadlines, in addition to, project expense management.
- Website Content: Manages Brand.com and vanity website (Where applicable) content, including upkeep of images, special offers, landing pages and other site content enhancements and requirements. Responsible for ensuring all legal and security requirements are maintained on the vanity site.
- Third Party Site Management: Maintains all imagery and content within 3rd party sites, including but not limited to: Expedia, Booking.com, TripAdvisor, and all Social Media websites.
- Content & Asset Management: Identifies visual asset needs and coordinates all photo & video shoots as needed.
- Reporting: Pulls ad-hoc reports requested by leadership to assist with ownership and/or corporate meetings.
- Assist the Director of Sales & Marketing in preparation for all strategic meetings, including weekly and/or monthly hotel executive committee meetings, ownership reviews and corporate hotel reviews.
- Prepares marketing activity reports on regular cadence and on an as needed basis.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Provides analysis to Director of Sales & Marketing where necessary to support the development of the annual business plan and on-going measurements.
- Performs special projects and other responsibilities as assigned and participates in task forces, committees and cluster groups as requested.
- Participates where appropriate in related trade/business related functions, events, conferences and workshops.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing communication mediums to include but not limited to digital advertising, eCommerce, and social media.
- Ability to perform critical analysis and to manage extensive amounts of information
- Excellent written skills sufficient to produce internal/external sales and marketing communication
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to effectively deal with department heads, executive committee members, team members and corporate staff.
- Ability to manage projects effectively – ability to manage multiple projects, meet and work effectively under time and resource constraints
- Software/Program Skills/Knowledge:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel & Outlook)
- Social Sites and other applications
- Digital analytics
- High School Diploma required
- Four year college degree required.
- Emphasis in marketing and/or public relations preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years combined marketing, advertising, and/or ecommerce marketing experience.
- Prior hotel/travel industry experience preferred
Physical Requirements:Frequency Key; Rare- up to 1 hour, Occasional 1-3 hours, Frequent 3-6 hours, constant 6-8 hours Physical Activity Frequency
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Walking, Climbing Stairs Occasional
Near Vision Frequent
Far Vision Occasional
Lifting/Carrying (15lbs) Rare
Travel Occasional What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. Our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!Here is a list of perks you can enjoy when joining our team!!The Benefits
- Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance coverage for you and your family
- Career growth and development
- Go Hilton travel discount program with 100 nights of discounted travel
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO) and start accruing DAY ONE
- Supportive parental leave
- Recognition and awards programs
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)