A Cook is responsible for preparing cold food items in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.What will I be doing?
As a Cook, you would be responsible for preparing cold food items in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Prepare all food items according to recipe cards and correct handling procedures. Maintain highest quality and appearance of all foods sent from kitchen and make sure plates are clean and appetizing.
- Maintain proper pars of production levels according to estimates on the production sheets maintain top quality freshness.
- Use leftovers and maintain proper storage of leftovers on hot food side. Label and date all food.
- Maintain clean and orderly refrigerators and work areas. Make sure that all stations are properly cleaned at end of shift and at end of evening.
- Rotate all foods and correctly fill out production charts.
- During peak business periods, coordinate and expedite to accelerate service.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!