Descripción de empleo
The Cook is responsible for preparing all food items, based on standardized recipes, for the Restaurants, Room Service, Employee Cafeteria and Banquets, while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the opening of the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant and Room Service operating hours.
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel standards.
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and dairy and meat products.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Prepare food for Banquets, ad required, following specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
- Prepare and service food for the Employee Cafeteria as specified by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
- Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
- Use Production Charts as specified by hotel’s standards.
- Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need of help.
- Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards to food and storage standards and safety.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain a “Clean As You Go” policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Culinary experience required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and cold.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required, according to hotel standards.
- Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling, poaching, deep-frying, sauté, braising, roasting and par-cooking.
- Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
This job posting is for a position at a hotel that is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, salary, benefits and compensation decisions, and the collection and processing of the personal data that you provide on this website. If you accept this position, you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Hilton. You will not be eligible from compensation or benefits from Hilton. You will be eligible for compensation or benefits only as may be provided to you by the independent franchisee.