The Global Legal team is responsible for administering Hilton's legal activities to ensure maximum protection while engaging in global business and ensuring compliance with the company's legal obligations.What will I be doing?
As Counsel, Commercial Services, you will be responsible for providing daily legal support for ongoing operational elements of our business, with a main focus on supporting the Customer Experience, Technology, Analytics, and Distribution teams within Hilton’s Commercial Services Organization. The Commercial Services Organization is Hilton's commercial engine, responsible for driving business to all of our properties globally, and includes the Technology, Sales, Revenue Management, Distribution, and Analytics departments!
More specifically, you will:
What are we looking for?
- Review, negotiate and draft a variety of agreements, including software licensing, website and application development, data management, and consulting services agreements, among others
- Provide legal advice and counsel to business partners on areas of subject matter expertise
- Participate on, and contribute to Hilton Legal’s centralized commercial contracting function, including the development of guidelines, training, and business self-help materials
- Evaluate contract performance and related issues to determine compliance with contractual obligations and the need for issue resolution or enforcement
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with, and thrive as a key resource on commercial contracting and legal issues for business partners and Legal department colleagues
- Train business partners on commercial contracting risk minimization and service provider management
- Be responsible for the maintenance of several of Hilton’s commercial contract templates
- Support other Commercial Services departments as needed
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Strong writing, communication, and leadership skills
- Strong work ethic and a desire to consistently perform at the highest level
- A creative, business-minded, and strategic method to problem-solving and performance improvement within the department
- A highly developed desire to support an inclusive and diverse workforce
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- The aim to provide outstanding customer service, with consistent attention to detail and the initiative to ensure responsive support
- The ability to thrive while prioritizing and undertaking multiple projects and critical tasks with contending pressures in a fast-paced environment
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Juris Doctor from an ABA-accredited law school
- Two (2) to four (4) years of relevant experience, which should include practicing law at a leading law firm or corporation as a transactional attorney, along with “first chair” experience leading successful commercial agreement negotiations
- Admitted to practice law, active and in good standing with the Virginia State Bar, or with another state bar and registered, or be eligible to register, as in-house counsel with Virginia State Bar
- Experience negotiating contracts and reviewing legal documents
- Experience interacting with business partners and developing trust
- Outstanding writing ability, attention to detail, proofreading skills, and strong communication skills
- Detailed understanding of key legal concepts and can seamlessly relay them to business partners
What is it like working for Hilton?
- Experience with inbound and outbound technology contracts, including marketing technology contracts
- Experience negotiating with Fortune 100 counterparties
- Experience with the hospitality industry
- Experience with franchise business models
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton
: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands
. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits
such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive
environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog
to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.